Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
please explain someone,with roadhouse pipes 2 into1 with high flow baffle, stock air box dyno-jet say to use 195 main jet which i did with no problem now i put a custom 6" round open air box kn filter with no baffle in pipe dyno jet say to use a 210 main jet...why? do i need to be putting more fuel in to engine ?.....trell

·
Registered
5,856 Posts
jim cantrell said:
please explain someone,with roadhouse pipes 2 into1 with high flow baffle, stock air box dyno-jet say to use 195 main jet which i did with no problem now i put a custom 6" round open air box kn filter with no baffle in pipe dyno jet say to use a 210 main jet...why? do i need to be putting more fuel in to engine ?.....trell
More air in, means you need more fuel otherwise you'll be running lean, lean is BAD.

·
Registered
740 Posts
How can he tell how lean he is running, so he will know which jet to use? :?

·
Registered
5,856 Posts
Without a dyno, it's a guessing game, seat of the pants type of thing. There are a lot of different tricks to use but really, if you want it right, dyno is the only way.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cool runnins said:
Without a dyno, it's a guessing game, seat of the pants type of thing. There are a lot of different tricks to use but really, if you want it right, dyno is the only way.
how about doing a spark plug test , i know that more air needs more fuel but here what happens when i take the plugs out they are black sooty which says that it's running to rich so why would i go with a bigger jet. seem to me that would just make the carb. run richer...trell [ please forgive my spelling and english.]..

·
Registered
799 Posts
Jets

Jim,
Send Spencer a PM. He is collecting a jetting library of different set ups people have and what worked well.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts