Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all,
I have a 2004 1800r with 11,000 miles, H&K side burner 2 into 1 exhaust , degass mod and stock air cleaner box. My question to you all is this. I received a bunch of extra parts with my bike when I bought it and one of them was a Dynatek FI controller. I realize it’s an old unit but I have been wondering if I should install this thing on my bike or not. I do plan on getting a different air cleaner housing and also my winter project includes installing a true dual exhaust. Should I put this thing in after the exhaust and intake mods are done or should I just get a more modern unit with better features and usability. And if that is the case , should I dump it or see if someone would be interested in it?
Circuit component Automotive lighting Cable Electrical wiring Wire

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your reply. Bike runs fine.
If it were me, I would toss that out and start with something I know works. It's obviously been on that bike, or maybe he bought it used himself and now just passed junk on to you? It's so old, that company doesn't even make those for the VTX anymore.
thanks, i thought that would likely be the case. The bike runs fine as is and I plan on some major modifications over the winter months anyway. I won’t toss it though. I’ll just hang it on my garage wall with the rest of my garage art. Thanks guys.👍

1 - 2 of 2 Posts