Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I traded my 1300 for an 1800. The 1800 has a hypercharger pro and cobra exhaust with a cobra F12000 fuel processor. I get loud popping while deceling, but only at low rpms. It seems to be just before i'm ready to down shift or stop. As soon as i pull the clutch in it's fine. I also have a very slight delay or hesitation when i twist the throttle. Would a new map fix these issues? The bike runs great it just pops. Someone said you can download new maps on line and do it yourself? What should a dealer charge?
Brian
Massachusetts

·
Super Moderator
64,337 Posts
The Cobra doesn't use maps, you manually adjust the "Pots" to add fuel. Go to www.cobrausa.com and download the user manual for that Fi2000.

You might try tightening the exhaust nuts to 17 ft/pounds torque. If they are loose, theat will let air into the exhaust and popping will happen. Might also remove the pair system as well, see www.bareasschoppers.com/desmog

·
Registered
2 Posts
popping

My 2 cents...I did the desmog via Bares site and worked great untill that is....I must not have snugged one of the block off plate screws down....man did that make the bike run with decel popping....Loctite did the fix.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, I just checked cobras site and got the info. I will check it later today along with the exhaust bolts.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I talked to the guy at cobra and checked there web site. There web site shows a green, yellow, and a red LED control. I only have green and yellow. They suggested turning the green up a little. He is a pic of where i'm at now and it seems to be quite a bit better.

·
Registered
144 Posts
AMEN to that, JohnnyCheese!

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Try setting the Green at 2 and Yellow at 0.

This is what most use for settings I have read on the board for the FI2000. You have the older 2 pot version, the newer ones as pictured on Cobras site is the 3 pot version. The 3rd pot they show in their instructions at set at 0.

Give it a try and let us know your results.

Hope this helps, Jim...

·
Registered
695 Posts
OLD

That's the old one, the new one is FI2000 R, I had that on my last bike and let me tell you, you won't be happy untill you get the PC111 and do the Pair valve- Desmog. Your talking to the biggest whinner when it comes to the way the bike runs.

Steve

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Johnnycheese said:
throw the POS away and get a real fuel manager :roll:
+1 or just run without one.

If you desmog, tighten your exhaust and close the throttle all the way during decel you should have little or no pop. The FI 2000 is just making your bike run rich and drowning the decel pop with fuel. I took mine off after I did the desmog. Running V&H pipes and Kury Hypercharger air box. Bike runs fine.

I'd get a PCIII but there are no good tuners around me so it would be a waste without a custom map. Maybe you have some good ones around you but just because they have the gear (Dyno & Computer) doesn't make them good so ask around.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts