Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2006 1800S VTX
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've had my 2006 VTX, S model for eight years and the fuel mileage generally was between 38 and 42 MPG. Lately I have been getting better mileage. The last three fill-ups gave me 45.38, 43.52, 46.04 MPG. Now that I'm in my mid-70s, the glory of revving it through the gears is waning. I think I ride it like an old fart. Most of my mileage is on country back roads, but many rides take me into the city where there are stop signs and stop lights.

The bike has about 10,500 miles, and I weigh about 230 pound and almost never carry a passenger.

Today I filled up at $2.949 here in KY, not cheap, but improving. My cost per mile was 6.4¢.

·
Registered
12,911 Posts
I've had my 2006 VTX, S model for eight years and the fuel mileage generally was between 38 and 42 MPG. Lately I have been getting better mileage. The last three fill-ups gave me 45.38, 43.52, 46.04 MPG. Now that I'm in my mid-70s, the glory of revving it through the gears is waning. I think I ride it like an old fart. Most of my mileage is on country back roads, but many rides take me into the city where there are stop signs and stop lights.

The bike has about 10,500 miles, and I weigh about 230 pound and almost never carry a passenger.

Today I filled up at $2.949, not cheap, but improving. My cost per mile was 6.4¢.
Still 3.89 here. In Pennsylvanistan. Lucky you.

·
Registered
12,911 Posts
Did you move? Finally retire?
If he can forgive my intrusion, I'll answer for him. Somewhere between Winchester, Va., and Hagerstown, MD. How've you been, Jon? Your re-man flange has been just perfect.

·
Registered
16,090 Posts
If he can forgive my intrusion, I'll answer for him. Somewhere between Winchester, Va., and Hagerstown, MD. How've you been, Jon? Your re-man flange has been just perfect.
Doing ok, just getting older. Trying to retire before age 60. I'll have over 30 at the main job.
Good to hear the flange is still running good

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
Hey John! Good to hear. Yeah, retired in late spring of '19. Moved to a place called Clear Brook, Va. It is about 10 miles North of Winchester. Been here since early this year. Closer to my daughter and grandson. Still horsing around with the bikes but no more trucks or busses. Been looking for a couple project bikes for this winter. Something to keep me out of trouble. Between the pension and SS things are OK. Thank the stars for that RR pension. As soon as you know its right do it (retire) do it. You won't regret it. Still running the X (140,000 miles LOL) but working on a bobber. Be good to yourself my gearhead brother. Jim

·
Registered
12,911 Posts
Doing ok, just getting older. Trying to retire before age 60. I'll have over 30 at the main job.
Good to hear the flange is still running good
I've been retired nearly 10 years now. It's great if you can get it, but the economy these days really makes one think of at least a part time job. Lets go Brandon!

·
Registered
12,911 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts