Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all I have a 2005 f model 1800 and it seems to be running very rich and my fuel mileage has drop to 20ish does anyone have any suggestions????

·
Registered
37 Posts
Check your air filter?

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
+1 on checking the filter.....Mice SUCK!

More info plzzzz....

PCIII????
Any recent work?
Old/new gas? Additive?

IDK about you, but I just did a bunck of work to mine, and in the process "fixed" the speedo, and now my mileage SUX. I got 29mpg last time I checked. nojoke

·
Registered
4,956 Posts
Hey all I have a 2005 f model 1800 and it seems to be running very rich and my fuel mileage has drop to 20ish does anyone have any suggestions????
Another thing to check: Check your plugs. Look for ones that are either in loose, gummed up or where the electrode has burned off.

BTW, my ex2002 1800C usually only got 28MPG around town; near 40 on trips. I had a PCIII dyno-tuned, too.

·
Registered
794 Posts
check

+1 on the plugs. I changed mine out and got better mileage. filter too.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Rich

Thanks all I have cleanedmy KN filter I will put a set of plugs in her tomorrow and see what happens I was wondering of it had anything to do with the power commander????

·
Banned
8,514 Posts
Wasn't this posted on the 1800 board? The answer is on there.
:agree:
Submitt your question on the tech forum. It will get a lot more exposure from the wrenchers on this site. There's probably someone there who has had the same problem and can help you with it. Be advised that this problem can have multiple factors causing it so it might take a while to figure out the exact reason you're having this problem.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts