Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was riding and when I took a turn the bike shut off. Got it home and replaced the 30 amp fuse fuse and it started right up no problem. Took off for a test run and made several sharp turns and then on the next turn the fuse blew again. This time I had several replacement fuses and they blew one by one when turning the bike to run. I'm expect that the simplest answer according to Acoms Razor would be a short. After some preliminary looking I was unable to see anything. What in the experience of this group think the most likely spot to look in and or the issue causing this problem. Thanks in Advance for any feedback.

·
Registered
11,594 Posts
I remember there were a few incidents where the Black/White hot wire shorted out on a frame clip..
Time to remove a few things to isolate the trouble.
The 30 amp FI fuse (Red/White wire) goes to the Engine Stop relay (ESR)contact.
The other related contact is the Black/White to the ECM, Ign coils, Injectors and Fuel Pump relay.
You can pull the Fuel cutoff relay and see if that stops the fuses from popping.
Removing the ESR connector would remove a few items on the Black/White wire.
Somewhere around where the Fuel injector wires break out of the harness is a good spot
to do some very intense inspection.
I do not like popping a bunch of fuses so I use a lamp as an "indicating fuse".
Depending on your skills and ability you can make. An old headlight would be good.
A 30 amp circuit breaker could be used on a temporary basis.
A smaller Turn Signal(TS) lamp would work also. As long as the FP and engine is not cranking
not too much current draw on the Black/White wire.
My basic diagram of the FI electrical.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,012 Posts
I was slightly confused until I realized 'Acoms razor' should have read "Occam's Razor".

Reactions: Hans&Feet

·
Registered
11,594 Posts

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Thanks Hans

I feel like I should go and shave since I am now more highly educated. :unsure:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts