Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took all of my tins off last November to have painted and I just got them back last night. I reinstalled the gas tank and turned the key to the "on" position to make sure the fuel pump was working and it's not. There's only one female wire harness in that area on the bike and under the tank that I could potentially plug the fuel pump into, right? It's been so long, I can't remember for sure, I seem to have a lot of extra fuel pump wire when it's plugged in but I suppose that slack is so you can lift the tank up towards the handlebars. Anyway - I have done some electrical work to the bike, not sure if any of it might affect the suggestions I may get on this post but I did the Kury rear turnsignals, universal flasher, Bare's diode fix, LED side-mount turn signal, and Kury spider lights. Any suggestions? Looks like the harness from the fuel pump didn't get taped during painting and there's some paint on it but didn't look like any inside the harness or on the connections -
There's also very little gas in the tank but the fuel pump should still power-up regardless . . . I'm corn-fused.

ANy suggestions appreciated!

Andy

·
Registered
758 Posts
Someone just posted about a painter who baked the tank with the fuel pump assembly still in the tank and it basically fried it. I have my tins off for paint right now and I removed the fuel pump assembly before I even started to prep them. (Mostly to get the last bit of fuel out of the tank.) If I had to guess the painter fried your fuel pump.
Some of the painters have not idea how to work on a fuel injected bike.

·
Super Moderator
63,882 Posts
Is your PC3 plugged into the brake light line? Turn your key on and see if the PC3 has power to it. If it isn't lighting up there is no power to it and it will not get power to the fuel pump. It happened on my rebuild, easy to miss. 8)

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
RobDogg was the winner - stating the most obvious and stupid mistake I could possibly make - The f-ing kill switch. I didn't even think about the kill switch.

Thanks fellas - I am going to go cry and sulk in stupidity.

Andy

·
Registered
9,766 Posts
wccoman said:
RobDogg was the winner - stating the most obvious and stupid mistake I could possibly make - The f-ing kill switch. I didn't even think about the kill switch.

Thanks fellas - I am going to go cry and sulk in stupidity.

Andy
I'm just glad I'm not the only one!!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm 0-3 today . . . not good.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts