Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any help would be appreciated. I have an 03 VTX1300S and want to get another tank. Will the C model fit or do I need one specific for the S? Have the tanks changed at all since 03?

Does anyone have one they want to sell? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I was on eBay last night and there had to be at least 5 tanks on there for sale. Not sure about the specs (C vs. S) though.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks VTXCinci,
I checked them out and they are for the 1800's. I'll keep looking!

·
Registered
46 Posts
1300s Tank

I did a search for the same thing about 6 months ago - it turned up nothing. I 'gulp' laid down the bike and damaged the old tank - thought I would replace it and possibly get a seamless one.... no luck. All the alternative tanks were for the 1800.

Good luck - hopefully there is one out there now.

·
Registered
15,774 Posts
I have a spare S tank for my C - I haven't mounted it, but I cant see any difference. Except that the S tank has little rubber bumpers on the lip down by the seat. Easy enough to pull on or off though. If your S has a fuel pump - the petcock is different, but that usually doesn't come with the tank anyway.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fuel Tank

Thanks Poison. I looked in the manual that I have and could not find any difference either. I went to a website for used motorcycle parts and saw different part numbers, but I think those had to do with paint codes. I guess I'll call the dealer and ask. Thanks again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts