• Depends on how I feel

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Troll Patrol
4,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I prefer to stay on my bike when I fuel,
I can gauge the level in the tank and squeeze the handle easier.
Today while getting gas the attendant came on the speaker and told me
"to get off my bike!"

This is the second time she has done this.
I researched Idaho laws and Fred Meyer policy...
there is nothing that says I have to get off my bike!
She said she saw a video where someone caught on fire while sitting on their bike. (GMAB)
I tapped the speaker and told her to not get her education from Youtube. :twisted:
So how do you prefer to fuel? ~M

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
I always stand, center the bike, and fuel up standing while ON the bike. I know it's as full as it gets, then, these 1800's need EVERY DROP! :yikes:

:dontknow:

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
I always stand, center the bike, and fuel up standing while ON the bike. I know it's as full as it gets, then, these 1800's need EVERY DROP! :yikes:

:dontknow:
:agree::agree::agree::agree::agree::agree::agree::agree::agree::agree:

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I always stay on the bike to fill it up. Yes, it lets me fill up the bike totally full but I do it mainly because I am more comfortable filling while sitting on the bike than standing beside it.:dontknow:

Tina

·
Registered
157 Posts
I stay on the bike as well. I sit back on the rear of the rider's seat, almost on the passenger seat. I'm tall so I can pull this balancing act off just fine. I like to fill 'er up as much as I can and you can't do that with the bike on the sidestand. Now... to be safe, I should probably at least put the sidestand out even while I'm sitting on the bike. I'll "work" on that... :popcorn:

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
I always get off.

If I screw up, I'm going to dump gas in my crotch, and also dump gas all over a hot motor.

I don't want to be on Youtube :yikes:

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
I like to have the bike level otherwise it's over half a gallon short of full. I straddle it and hold it upright with my legs. Kinda like the best of both worlds, you get a full tank and if you spill it doesn't end in your lap. :thumbup:

So is that standing or remaining on the bike?

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
I tapped the speaker and told her to not get her education from Youtube. :twisted:
That's just priceless. :mrgreen:

I stay on, standing up so bike is vertical, and top it to just a pimple above the bottom of the filler neck. Haven't had gas-crotch yet.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
i fuel it standing BUT i get two other peopl eto help me, one holds the bike up straight and the other holds me up straight while i fuel

·
Registered
9,005 Posts
I'm in the sit category...not so much to get every drop in...but it is easier to see, maneuver and grip nozzle...imo

Bull

·
Registered
794 Posts
gas

I do both. If my butt hurts from riding I get off the bike. Just depends.

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
I remain on the bike, seated with side stand down.... tell the "attendant" to mind her own damn bidness.:roll:

1 - 20 of 118 Posts