Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A little help from fellow Socal Riders. My wife and I are going from Long Beach to Oceanside this coming Saturday. We are looking for a little bit of rolling hill, canyon type roads either to, or near Oceanside. We will be taking PCH down the coast, but want some different scenery if possible. Nothing real technical please. We have taken the ride to Cooks Corner and then down to Laguna. Any other route suggestions would be appreciated.

Mike :dontknow:

·
Registered
317 Posts
Hwy 74

You can catch it close to Oceanside, beautiful ride ends in palm desert where you can catch the 10. It's a long ride lots of twisties, great ride

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Take the 78 by Oceanside east til you hit Julian. Won't be dissapointed.

You can also take a run up to Mt. Palomar. Normally full of sport bikers, but I get a kick out of passing them with my old Kawi Concours touring bike. I make sure that I leave my turn signal on just to cheese them off.

Also heard that the Hideaway Inn is back in business for the summer. Great spot, full of cruisers.

Lastly, there isn't squat between Camp Pendelton and Oceanside, so you will just have to superslab it on I-5. But if you get off and follow PCH from Seal Beach or Huntington, you can ride all the way down to Dana Point on PCH.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts