Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Fighting Griffin Birthday Ball
Fundraiser Poker Run

August 5th, 2007 (rain date August 12th)
Vixen (910) 526-1456

IMPORTANT INFO:

Registration starts at New River Harley Davidson at 11:30. First stick out at 11:45. Tickets are $10.00 Each Bike, $3.00 for a Passenger. All proceeds go to VMM-266 Marine Corps Birthday Ball.
Free T-shirts to first 50 bikes
Best 5 card hand wins!

ROUTE:

First Stop: New River Harley Davidson, Jacksonville
Second Stop: Bent Spoke, Cedar Point
Third Stop: Mugs Away Tavern, Jacksonville
Fourth Stop: Chopper Head Road, Richlands
Fifth Stop: Ricks Restaurant and Sports Bar, Sneads Ferry
Sixth and final stop: Southeastern Steel Choppers, Inc. Jacksonville

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
ah the date is a couple days after I am supossed to deploy....will miss that one...have fun

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I see a bunch of people have been checking out the info for the ride. I hope at least half of you show up. My wife, who is an avid rider is actually putting everything together for this ride. She has gotten ALLOT of businesses to donate for the ride.

For those of you that don't know VMM-266 is the third and Newest MV-22 Osprey squadron here at New River. Since we are new we don't have the carried over funds from past years fundraisers. I'd be happy to share any other info if anybody is interested.

Thanks again for everyone that shows up support.

J.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Check Ride said:
I see a bunch of people have been checking out the info for the ride. I hope at least half of you show up. My wife, who is an avid rider is actually putting everything together for this ride. She has gotten ALLOT of businesses to donate for the ride.

For those of you that don't know VMM-266 is the third and Newest MV-22 Osprey squadron here at New River. Since we are new we don't have the carried over funds from past years fundraisers. I'd be happy to share any other info if anybody is interested.

J.
Wish I could help out, but I'll be here in 29 Palms until the 18th or 19th of August for Mojave Viper with 2d Recon. Good luck with the ride!

·
Registered
388 Posts
Currently deployed won't be back by then. Hope you have fun and get a lot of paticipants. 8)

Radar

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well this will be the last time I plug this. Promise. Registration starts at 1130 and the weather is looking GREAT!!!! Hope to see all that can attend out there. I'll be the one with the Magenta NEO with all the character marks on it. You'll understand when you get there. Happy riding....

·
Registered
543 Posts
Check Ride said:
Well this will be the last time I plug this. Promise. Registration starts at 1130 and the weather is looking GREAT!!!! Hope to see all that can attend out there. I'll be the one with the Magenta NEO with all the character marks on it. You'll understand when you get there. Happy riding....
Dude, how'd the ride go? I wish I wasn't out here in 29 Palms because I would have been there riding!

So, you got the bike fixed? Do anything custom to it during the rebuild?

Later, Rob

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The ride went great. We had over 60 bikes that registered. Everything during the ride went well except when two rockets collided. One thought they was turning and the other thought they were going straight. Nothing serious. I am a little dissapointed in South Eastern Steel Choppers though. We had a few of the Leatherneck M/C riders show up with colors and SSC kicked them out of the building. I mean it is the Leathernecks. They are not the typical bike club. Wouldn't make an exception. Then they kicked us out at 6 when we just got there at 530. We brought them a lot more business then they would have had on Sunday and they still kicked us out. I will never go back there. We are actually planning another one. Not sure if we will be able to get it done this year though. Time is a killer for me.
As for the bike....No it's not fixed yet. I paid out of pocket to get it ridable. Replaced the bolts for the floorboards, blinker and jury rigged the risers and handlebars so that I can ride. I am still waiting on either ALLSTATE or USAA to decide who is gonna pay for everything.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Check Ride said:
The ride went great. We had over 60 bikes that registered. Everything during the ride went well except when two rockets collided. One thought they was turning and the other thought they were going straight. Nothing serious. I am a little dissapointed in South Eastern Steel Choppers though. We had a few of the Leatherneck M/C riders show up with colors and SSC kicked them out of the building. I mean it is the Leathernecks. They are not the typical bike club. Wouldn't make an exception. Then they kicked us out at 6 when we just got there at 530. We brought them a lot more business then they would have had on Sunday and they still kicked us out. I will never go back there. We are actually planning another one. Not sure if we will be able to get it done this year though. Time is a killer for me.
As for the bike....No it's not fixed yet. I paid out of pocket to get it ridable. Replaced the bolts for the floorboards, blinker and jury rigged the risers and handlebars so that I can ride. I am still waiting on either ALLSTATE or USAA to decide who is gonna pay for everything.
So they don't allow you to wear colors in their building? I guess that's a good thing about New River H-D, they love hosting rides, even on Sundays because they get allot of business, (even some from metric riders). Well, now you know about them I guess. I've never even been to their shop yet. I should be around for your next one, make sure you post it. Hopefully you get the bike back to normal soon!
Later, Rob

·
Registered
543 Posts
Re:

Check Ride said:

J.
Hey brother, I think you are deployed right now, but hopefully still have access to the forum. I've just been tasked with trying to put this type of thing together for my Bn, and was hoping to get in touch with you and since your wife did the coordinating for yours maybe I can get P.O.C.'s at the different places and any other info, like an LOI type thing that you can give me to help us out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.