Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure how many got this e-mail but thought I would post anyway.
08/30, Sunday afternoon, McHenry Illinois There will be a Benefit for JonD's fiancee, Yvette Cano at the VFW Post in McHenry IL...JonD & Yvette have been together for 17 years. Things are expected to be in Probate for a year and her WWR family is giving this "impromptu" benefit for her on Sunday, August 30th. At this point, it is still a surprise for Yvette. There are several Welcome Homes scheduled on Sunday and afterwards they are going to "stop by" the VFW and we will be there to offer her our support and share our memories of JonD.

If you expect to attend please email Sandra Christensen: [email protected] She is trying to get a head-count for food.

VFW Post 4600,
3002 W RT 120
McHenry. IL
3pm -til ?

In Memory of JonD

·
Registered
679 Posts
Thank you Joe what a Fantastic video and tribute to JonD.
I didn't have the pleasure to meet JonD, but what I have heard and just saw he must of been a great Man. Thank you again... RIP Jond...

Lee

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Awesome video...................beautiful tribute to a good man.

Definately going to make the trip down next weekend. Joe, PM me with your ride details.

Sam

·
Registered
9,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got the video from Ken, aka Monster. I think he may have put it together. Not sure. But it is a beautiful tribute to a great guy.

As for the fund raiser I think Di and I will head down there after church. No special time set as of yet.

·
Registered
326 Posts
just watched the vid.. Indeed John D looked to be a man that will be missed dearly by many and though i didn't know him i wish i had.
Rest in peace John.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Fundraiser for Yvette

That Video for JonD was made by one of the WWR guys "Chambeaux". Nicely
done........Hard to watch. JonD was a great guy. We all miss him. We were going to do a Holy-Hill run upon his return from vacation. We should
do it. Havent been there yet this season.
Ann+I will also be going to the fundraiser.....maybe some of us can ride up together.

Ride safe

Ken

·
Registered
9,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
UPDATE on the fundraiser.
Sunday event for Yvette-
We have a head count and there will be approximately 100 people at this event.

The cost of the food is $11.00 per person per plate, and includes tip.

We now have an opportunity to help Yvette out financially;

We know some are having a hard time and are without a job, so please do not feel like you need to contribute more than the $11.00 for your plate, but for those who can afford a bit more anything over the $11.00 will be given to Yvette to help her during the difficult months ahead with bills etc.

There will also be a basket for condolence cards and donations.. Members of the WWR out east, have been contacting us since the accident. They also wanted to help Yvette financially so there will be cards coming from some of our brother's and sister's out east as well. Those are being held at the VFW, in their safe, and will be placed in the basket along with ours.

One last important thing is the "roasts" for JonD and Yvette. Please contact John Drake
[email protected] so he can coordinate this event with you. Remember these will be some funny stories about JonD and Yvette. This should lighten up the party and bring some smiles to Yvette remembering funny and silly things that took place between many of us and them.

The menu will consist of; Italian Beef, Italian Sausage w Peppers, Mostacolli, Salad, Pasta Salad, Buns, Dessert and pop/soda. Pizza's will be available for anyone that wants to order one at your own expense. After all the responses, most did not want pizza so we went with the menu above.
Mixed drinks, beer or wine, etc will be available and purchased at ones own expense at the bar.

MOST IMPORTANT: Yvette does not know about the dinner, the costs, card donations, or anything we have discussed in these emails. She has not been included in the emailing, but she does read what is posted in the threads. So please do not mention anything about this on any thread. She has been reading them and as of yesterday knows we are all getting together on the 30th at the VFW to have some time together and fun.

I think what we are going to do is just donate to Yvette the whole amount and skip the dinner.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts

·
Registered
732 Posts
As of now I am planning on it. Dru is on the fence. Where would you want to meet? What time do you wish to head to Doyles?

Let me know and I'll check my schedule....................:?

Sam
Sam....How about meeting in Whitewater? 11am? I can't beleive Dru would pass up the chance to see ME????? :roll::dontknow::bowdown::firstplace::lol:

·
Registered
9,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Not sure what we're doing. Di's back is acting up from all the rain and dampness. If we go we will probably go by car unless it warms up. Hope to see you guys at Doyles about 1.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
If it's like today tomorrow, I'll be in my car also....................this sucks!

Tim, I'm supposed to see my youngest daughter at UW Whitewater for move in day @ 10:00. I should be able to meet you in town. Let's meet at the Citgo on the East side of town. It is called the Eastsider. Does 11:15-30 work OK for you? I want to give myself some time to hang out with my daughter.

Dru is still undecided, but if we drive, she will probably go.

Sam

·
Registered
732 Posts
If it's like today tomorrow, I'll be in my car also....................this sucks!

Tim, I'm supposed to see my youngest daughter at UW Whitewater for move in day @ 10:00. I should be able to meet you in town. Let's meet at the Citgo on the East side of town. It is called the Eastsider. Does 11:15-30 work OK for you? I want to give myself some time to hang out with my daughter.

Dru is still undecided, but if we drive, she will probably go.

Sam

11:15-11:30 @ the Eastsider....sounds good.

WE will be on the bike....going to be nice tomorrow:grin:

Just got back from riding to Milwaukee...as long you don't mind watery eyes, runny nose and wind down your neck it's not too bad :thumbup:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts