Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did the desmog last week, everything seemed fine until Saturday. Just not sure if its related or just that coincidence thing.

When parking on a hill, I leave it in gear and use the kill switch. I was leaving a bar on Sat. and the bike would not start. I switched the kill switch back and forth a few times and no dice. I then put my kickstand down a couple of times and then heard the fuel pump working and it ran just fine. This ended up happening a couple other times throughout the day. Two of the times were right after I filled up, but only when I would use the kill switch or kickstand.

Any ideas???

ganderman

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh yeah, I had put the bike back into neutral before attempting to start. Will I have to remove the kickstand or cover to clean?

Brad

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Gotta bump this, its driving me nuts!! Could I have possibly bumped something when I did my desmog and pair valves? Honda has pretty decent connectors.

ganderman

·
Registered
4,037 Posts
We know it won't start in gear with the kickstand down so, the kickstand switch is probably stuck or the connectors are dirty or it's puked. The switch has to close (make) a circiut so the bike will start. If it's funky, it won't close the circuit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts