Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That "its a jeep thing, You wouldn't understand!!!!"

Oh wait! Maybe "its a Corvette thing, You wouldn't understand!"

OH I Remember It a Schoolbus Driver thing!

I gots in lotsa trouble as a kid while sitting i the back of bus so, I used to have to sit in the #1 seat behind the bus driver......

I noticed somthing, but I never understood it until reading the post below.....

She used to wave to all the other bus drivers that she passed!

I think that secretely Everyone wants to be as cool as an "ol' skool bus driver"!!!!

·
Registered
227 Posts
It was because they were all co-workers. There's alot of time for B.S while school was in.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Drive a 'real' Jeep or an old (Air-cooled!) VW. You will see the same kind of comraderie. You don't see many Accord or Taurus owners waving at each other and getting together to check out each others rides.

Well, maybe those weird Saturn people, but they don't count....

It's a good feeling knowing there are others as crazy as you.

8)

Nate

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Deppppppppppppppppressed!~!!

I just think we have more lonely people in this electro-magnetic world.

Wait till the next generation realizes that cyber-web world isn't real. It'll be like hearing that your old man was Santa back in 1957!!

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
NMead, whats wrong with the old aircooled VWs? 8)

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
it's a vw good thing..

customed1300 said:
NMead, whats wrong with the old aircooled VWs? 8)
Nothing!!! He just meant that they're a survival cult that made it through Barry Matalopes' "Thru the rain song", and they celebrate one another with a wave of recognition. me tinks. I had a '61 I still miss.

I wave at old people on bikes....in the same reflective manor! :wink:

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh Alright. I have too many VW's I can't count them all! I am currently restoring a 1954 Beetle Convertible.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
I think I'd trade the X for a '54 Beetle!!

Let me know when your done. :wink:

The only thing Hiltler was smart enough to let the 'know how people' alone!!

The 1960's college mobile! It was NOSSSTALGICK. Beem me the elll back...Scotto!

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Right! Its all there and sat in a barn since 1966. Bought it from the original owners son. I have been offered $10k the way it sits right now. When the resto is done, believe it or not, since not a vast 50's Convertible were made, it will be worth about three times for what you paid for your X. :shock:

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
customed1300 said:
Right! Its all there and sat in a barn since 1966. Bought it from the original owners son. I have been offered $10k the way it sits right now. When the resto is done, believe it or not, since not a vast 50's Convertible were made, it will be worth about three times for what you paid for your X. :shock:
OK, OK Three X's and a 750 Areo thrown in for good measure! Thats all I got in the house unless you want the Patent to my Vac Blower attachment for the X?
Adapt a Genie Vac hand held motor and intake scoop on the intake and blow the O2 down the Monsters throat. Yea.....it's black plastic and make a sucking noise but runs of rechargable 110 from the house. Looks aren't the only thing sweetheart.

Price: $29.95 Walmart/Target/Sears
Man the boyzzz are gonna be Pwhizzet' when thay get home tonight!!!

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Throw in a half a cup of sour milk and you have a deal!

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
only if the X in the pic comes in the deal. Sour milk is hard to come by.

Send us some 1954 pic's when your finished!! Tx PR

·
Registered
73 Posts
Funny thing

Every one aroud here on bikes waves at other bikes when they go past.
In the little town in Texas where I was raised everybody waves at everybody when they go by. It doesn't matter what you are driving. The first time I took my wife (from Ohio) to Texas, she thought I must have knew everyone because she couldn't believe everyone waved.
Kida a neat feeling! :D

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
www.54kabrio.com

Its a long slow process. Need Time and Money, and I don't have either!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts