Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So someone in the know jump in, I'm thinking the if the new Fury has fuel injection, then there is the possibilty that more HP can be pulled out of the 1300. What do you guys think?:tools:

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
I'm thinking... I'd be able to go out to the new Fury... turn the key on, press a button and 'poof' it comes alive in any weather condition.
It will run down the road w/o any hesitation, backfiring, snorting, bucking and won't have to keep a set of spark plugs in my bags.
If I change the pipes, wouldn't have to worry about re-jetting.

Hell those benefits themselves... outway any extra HP a 1300 w/ FI would give me. IMO

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Have any specs been posted that confirm its not just a normal VTX1300 engine with EFI?

Bore, stroke, cams, valves ect ect ect?

Thats my impression but.....A few internal changes could easily make a nice boost in hp. At least in the Vstar1300+ range.

·
Registered
14,249 Posts
It will run down the road w/o any hesitation, backfiring, snorting, bucking and won't have to keep a set of spark plugs in my bags.
If I change the pipes, wouldn't have to worry about re-jetting....
Wow, I don't have any of those problems. Did you get a lemon?

·
Registered
314 Posts
I start mine up in any condition just a matter of how long i choke it

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's about Hoursepower!!

Hey guys, my question is about HP on the new Fury FI engine - not how the current VTX1300 bikes run. I agree with Hick, someone has either a lemon or miss tuning, cause my 1300X runs like a top and I live in Indiana so its is cold here. Must be alot of Democrates on here, they can't answer a direct question, always want to change the subject.

G

·
Hey guys, my question is about HP on the new Fury FI engine - not how the current VTX1300 bikes run. I agree with Hick, someone has either a lemon or miss tuning, cause my 1300X runs like a top and I live in Indiana so its is cold here. Must be alot of Democrates on here, they can't answer a direct question, always want to change the subject.
No one knows the HP until the Fury is released and people start to get their hands on it.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
i would assume the core engine will be the same on all the 2009 1300's
just the induction difference..carb or efi no???

2009 1300 rap sheet.. carb..

Model:VTX1300C / VTX1300R / VTX1300TEngine Type:1312cc liquid-cooled 52o V-twinBore and Stroke:89.5mm x 104.3mmCompression Ratio:9.2:1Valve Train: SOHC; three valves per cylinderInduction:Single 38mm constant-velocity carburetorIgnition:Digital with three-dimensional mapping, two spark plugs per cylinderTransmission:Five-speedFinal Drive:ShaftSuspensionFront: 41mm fork; 5.1 inches travel
Rear: Dual shocks with five-position spring preload adjustability; 3.6 inches travel (VTX1300C) / 3.7 inches travel (VTX1300R & T)BrakesFront: Single 336mm disc with twin-piston caliper
Rear: Single 296mm disc with single-piston caliperTiresFront: 110/90-19 (VTX1300C) / 140/80-17 (VTX1300R & T)
Rear: 170/80-15 (VTX1300C) / 170/80-15 (VTX1300R & T) Wheelbase: 65.45 inches (VTX1300C) / 65.7 inches (VTX1300R & T)Rake (Caster Angle):32.0oTrail:149mm (5.9 inches) (VTX1300C) / 144mm (5.7 inches) (VTX1300R & T)Seat Height: 27.46 inches (VTX1300C) / 27.35 inches (VTX1300R & T)Fuel Capacity:4.8 gallons, including 1.0-gallon reserveColors:VTX1300C: Titanium, Dark Blue Metallic, Metallic Red, Black
VTX1300R: Metallic Silver, Metallic Black, Bright Blue Metallic
VTX1300T: Dark Red, Titanium, BlackCurb Weight*:678 pounds (VTX1300C) / 710 pounds (VTX1300R) / 748 pounds (VTX1300T)*Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel-ready to ride.
Meets current EPA standards.
California version meets current California Air Resources Board (CARB) standards and may differ slightly due to emissions equipment.

·
Super Moderator
64,142 Posts
The Fury will likely be an early 2010 model like the first VTX was. So, I would guess that all VTX 1300's will be EFI in 2010

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
One more try...

Let me start over, I don't care what the HP rating is going to be on the new Fury, I am thinking that if the bike is electronicly fuel injected, then is there the possibility to do re-mapping to the ecm to pull some more HP out of the 1300 engine? Victory and HD do similar
stuff, and I think the 1800VTX is the same. I'm just asking, kicking the idea around, etc.:thumbup:
I mean with EFI the 1300 "could be" some what hotter??

·
Super Moderator
64,142 Posts
Sure, you can probably get another 5-10hp with a PowerCommander3 along with the right pipes and airbox combo. But, that may take a year to get Dynojet to get a new 1300 EFI engine to be able to make a PC3 for it and test it before releasing a model. We had that problem when the 1800 was first released in 2001. It took over a year to get aftermarket parts available for it

·
Registered
3,750 Posts
Let me start over, I don't care what the HP rating is going to be on the new Fury, I am thinking that if the bike is electronicly fuel injected, then is there the possibility to do re-mapping to the ecm to pull some more HP out of the 1300 engine? Victory and HD do similar
stuff, and I think the 1800VTX is the same. I'm just asking, kicking the idea around, etc.:thumbup:
I mean with EFI the 1300 "could be" some what hotter??

You would thing so but when the Valkyrie Rune came out it went from a standard Valkyrie having a 1500cc carburetor motor to a 1800cc FI motor and only picked up about 4 hp. It was very depressing for us hp junkies.:?

G

·
Wow, I don't have any of those problems. Did you get a lemon?
Hick,

You have to remember that you are in Texas. It's a little bit warmer down there as compared to the northern climates. There have been complaints in the past about our bikes spitting and sputtering.

http://www.vtxoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80784&highlight=cold+morning

My VTX, my wife's, and my brother's will spit and sputter in really cold temps. It's hard to say if it's simply the cold or a combination of that and poor gas. I've never over choked my bike (in fact, I don't use it too much) or fouled my plugs.

The fact is, that they all run better when the weather is warmer.

·
Registered
705 Posts
I'm kinda disappointed it's not a 1800. I doubt many will buy it for economy.

This kinda has a DN-01 feel to it, under powered and probably costs too much.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts