Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone put the fury on a dyno? Interested to see how it runs. Went to southern honda today and saw all four colors. Has a lot of potential. Sits nice, has a long fighter plane feel and the bars are nice and high like many custom bikes. But, all of this is useless if its all bark and no bite. Also, what horsepower upgrades are available {pipes, fuel mapping, air intakes, etc.} Love the bike, but I dont't think that it even comes close to a modified 1800, especially if with the HP downgrade.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Has anyone put the fury on a dyno? Interested to see how it runs. Went to southern honda today and saw all four colors. Has a lot of potential. Sits nice, has a long fighter plane feel and the bars are nice and high like many custom bikes. But, all of this is useless if its all bark and no bite. Also, what horsepower upgrades are available {pipes, fuel mapping, air intakes, etc.} Love the bike, but I dont't think that it even comes close to a modified 1800, especially if with the HP downgrade.
I just read couple days ago but can't fined website they say it has 56 hp and 70+ torque don't remember exactly. I also thought it will have at least 70hp. And here in Cali it's seling same day I called yesterday like 5 dealers in radius of 50 miles and got same answer sold same hour they put it in store. Not bad

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Cycle World comparison between Fury and Raider listed the Fury with 56 HP.

Carl

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
I just read couple days ago but can't fined website they say it has 56 hp and 70+ torque don't remember exactly. I also thought it will have at least 70hp. And here in Cali it's seling same day I called yesterday like 5 dealers in radius of 50 miles and got same answer sold same hour they put it in store. Not bad

70hp is at the crank (*what Honda reports). ~60hp is at the rear wheel (*what magazines report).

·
Registered
5,899 Posts
For the most part, seems to be enough grunt for the 1300 riders. I don't read too many complaints from them. :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
That seems so weak ........ for the Fury and the stock Harley's

Your profile says you own a 1300? Does that seem weak?

My VTX-1300 can get up to 110MPH (*corrected) pretty quickly and don't need anymore out of a cruiser. If I need to get somewhere quicker than that I have a sportbike with 140HP on tap.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the info. All of my buddies are harley guys, and I don't think the fury is gonna be enough to shut them up. Didn't have to take a lot of s*#t on my X when they couldn't stay close. Think I'll just find a custom 1800 and get the look and the power. Not to say the fury isn't sweet, I just want a little more HP than 13 can put out without major money invested. Love this site, someone always has the answer to any question you can think up.

·
Registered
392 Posts
yeah the 1300 is gone tomorrow and i am looking at getting a harley 88 cube that can out run my 1800 this man has a 10 k engine in this road king and does it sound sweet yes the 1300 is nice but at 250 i am a little bit to much for this bike

·
Registered
723 Posts
torque get its done on the street, not horsepower. and 70 lbs of torque is a plenty for that bike.
Correct if you mean enough you won't get run over by minivans on freeway ramps. That's plenty. But it's all relative. IME with cruisers from 650 to 2300cc, it takes around 100lb or more to deliver the "steam catapult" feel that really rocks in ordinary street riding. I'm not saying nothing else is important, but in that area the Fury falls short at its price point compared to some other choices. If it doesn't matter and the Fury is calling you then go for it--my opinion of the thing has improved since I've seen production models in person.

·
Registered
5,899 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
HUH?

What other factory chopper comes in at $11,899??

http://www.bartlesvillecyclesports.com/

2010 FURY STARTING OUT AT $11899.
The message clearly said "in that area" please read the whole thing. IF it fully satisfies some individual's need to go out and buy one of those low-volume quasi-custom "boutique" choppers for $30K+, and that person is able to overlook the fact it's really just another mass-produced metric with chopperesque styling, then yep it's one helluva deal for them!

·
Registered
5,899 Posts
The message clearly said "in that area" please read the whole thing. IF it fully satisfies some individual's need to go out and buy one of those low-volume quasi-custom "boutique" choppers for $30K+, and that person is able to overlook the fact it's really just another mass-produced metric with chopperesque styling, then yep it's one helluva deal for them!

sorry, YOUR quote clearly says "in that area the Fury falls short at its price point"

your words, not mine, says it falls short at its price point. Fact is, it has no competition at its price point.

nice try though. ;)

·
Registered
723 Posts
sorry, YOUR quote clearly says "in that area the Fury falls short at its price point"

your words, not mine, says it falls short at its price point. Fact is, it has no competition at its price point.

nice try though. ;)
Can you read anything within context or am I dealing with somebody who is, to be politically correct, literacy-challenged? What I was obviously saying is that it does not deliver muscle-cruiser category torque which, if that is important to you (now I didn't say it is to you--keep your eye on the ball) can be bought in at least the same price ballpark. Fact is, it does have competition at it's price depending on what you're looking for. Comprendo? If not please google "remedial reading" for further assistance.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
nice attitude

nice, real nice. Quite evident you don't want one, so why even bother with stirring the pot over and over. troll

Correct if you mean enough you won't get run over by minivans on freeway ramps. That's plenty. But it's all relative. IME with cruisers from 650 to 2300cc, it takes around 100lb or more to deliver the "steam catapult" feel that really rocks in ordinary street riding. I'm not saying nothing else is important, but in that area the Fury falls short at its price point compared to some other choices. If it doesn't matter and the Fury is calling you then go for it--my opinion of the thing has improved since I've seen production models in person.

·
Registered
3,565 Posts
:popcorn: better open another bag for this thread :popcorn:
:agree::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:
No bike maker builds the prefect bike. The Fury is good in some area and not in others. Will it go up against something like...a M109R (I seen a nice in a group ride last weekend). Probably not, but its a start of something good we hope. :thumbup:

·
Registered
723 Posts
nice, real nice. Quite evident you don't want one, so why even bother with stirring the pot over and over. troll
Huh? How is it "quite evident" I don't want one? And how am I "stirring the pot" by saying my opinion of the Fury has improved?

Are these stuffed shirts around here gonna keep bawling "troll" even after I buy one just cuz I have the audacity to point out what this nifty little scoot is and what it isn't? Sheesh :roll:

1 - 20 of 46 Posts