Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Not enough there to make me want to trade (up or down). I will just keep my 13T and let the younger generation who have not seen a chopper jump on the honda bandwagon. I can remember as a kid leading the Oakland Chapter of the Hell's Angels through my home town on a BSA 350 lunger and the only reason I was out front was the fear they would catch me before I got home.:yikes:

·
Registered
341 Posts
Not enough there to make me want to trade (up or down). I will just keep my 13T and let the younger generation who have not seen a chopper jump on the honda bandwagon. I can remember as a kid leading the Oakland Chapter of the Hell's Angels through my home town on a BSA 350 lunger and the only reason I was out front was the fear they would catch me before I got home.:yikes:
Not quite sure that is called "leading" but its all good. :thumbup:

·
Registered
14,249 Posts
I like the softtail look. Rims are so-so. The rake doesn't look all that extreme. Looks like the plug covers off of an 1800. Maybe a digital speedo on the bars there. Nothing that jumps out though, to lend any credence to the folks who say it has all this new technology and thinking built into it. I don't know. It's only a sketch. I'm just gonna wait to see what the real bike looks like.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Can't say I'm impressed... has some semblance to a chopper, but still contains way too many characteristics of an average production bike.

A radical exhaust or other changes would definitely be in order.

G

·
Can't say I'm impressed... has some semblance to a chopper, but still contains way too many characteristics of an average production bike.

Have you ever eaten leftovers? You know you have eaten it before but the taste is always a little different.

And don't forget that Honda is a lot smarter than all of us.

G

·
Good find.

I'm not gonna ask Hal this, as it's not a fair question, given the gag order he has from Honda, but,

To anyone else,,,

In my opinion, based solely on what we've been given for Fury specifications previously, these drawings may be a depiction of what the Fury may look like, as I see no obvious conflicts between the sparse information that we have and what is seen in these drawings.

Does anyone see any obvious conflicts between what we have officially been given from Honda and what is seen in these sketches?

G

·

You can always 'chop' your 'chopper'! LOL!!!

Wild guess, but 90% of the 'cruiser' bike riders change pipes anyway,,,

Perhaps some Mortons, custom paint the tins, some chrome do-dads, that would come pretty close to the 2009 urban definition of chopper,,,

G

·
I'm not gonna ask Hal this, as it's not a fair question, given the gag order he has from Honda, but,

To anyone else,,,

In my opinion, based solely on what we've been given for Fury specifications previously, these drawings may be a depiction of what the Fury may look like, as I see no obvious conflicts between the sparse information that we have and what is seen in these drawings.

Does anyone see any obvious conflicts between what we have officially been given from Honda and what is seen in these sketches?
First, Honda hasn't released anything. And until we see the actual bike a lot of things are up in the air. I am looking for the new technology and I see a lot of reliable VTX and Shadow parts melded together. The air intake is different to cover the fuel injection.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts