Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I know the flames are coming, but this is not intended to piss anyone off like some of my posts. But this is FYI for the H-D guys. I had my bike serviced at Sunrise HD not long ago for the 20,000 mile service. When I picked up the bike it was $550 bucks. That was $390 for the service, then they charged me for all the parts. Oil, Filter, Gaskets, Spark Plugs, $39 for shop supplies, and waiste disposal. WTF, Talk about Ripped off.

I stopped in to petersons and asked the service department what the cost would be for the 20K.

$314 all parts included + tax. no extras. that includes synthetic oil!

Thats $236 savings. Considering they are exactly the same distance from my house as Sunrise is. I will no longer be seeing the guys out at Sunrise.

Now you all make your decision on where you are going. If you go to Petersons, see Dave in Service and tell him the guy that got ripped by Rossmeyer sent you.

·
Mad Hatter
21,352 Posts
:shock: :shock: :shock: OMG 39 Bucks for Shop Supplys!!! WOW they saw U comming :roll: :roll:

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
any dealership that Rossmeyer owns has always had MANY ppl complain about being ripped off. why would his Sunrise dealership be any different?

Ftl HD was good when they had their "merchandise sales". i have smaller feet so they always had my size of boots and 50% off. that's a deal

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
dpearly said:
any dealership that Rossmeyer owns has always had MANY ppl complain about being ripped off. why would his Sunrise dealership be any different?

Ftl HD was good when they had their "merchandise sales". i have smaller feet so they always had my size of boots and 50% off. that's a deal
Harley sets the prices for commodoties, and they stay the same dealer to dealer, sans their sales. Thats not the issue. But now they have lost that part of my business also.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Just to cheer you up you have earned a free car* oil change at Coral Springs Auto Mall.

Just lemme know when you're ready.

Tony

*Does not apply if you own a Testarossa, Bentley or a Rolls. Shop supplies included. Does not apply on days ending in a Y :wink:

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You da man Tony. I'll be out there in two weeks.

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
topspin43 said:
Just to cheer you up you have earned a free car* oil change at Coral Springs Auto Mall.

Just lemme know when you're ready.

Tony

*Does not apply if you own a Testarossa, Bentley or a Rolls. Shop supplies included. Does not apply on days ending in a Y :wink:
I'll bring my Italian calendar. No Y's

·
Mad Hatter
21,352 Posts
So, U did not get that New Ultra???

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nope, decided that the CB radio wasn't worth an extra two years of payments.

I'll wait for the 2010 water cooled Ultra.

·
Registered
97 Posts
You may want to buy a service manual and do the service yourself. I just did my initial service and saved myself 250.00 and have the peace of mind knowing it was done right.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Big reason I bought my own M/C lift table and do all my own services!

I bought 2 of my bikes from a dealer in Mississippi............ that is until Rossmeyer bought the dealership last year. Hr went up on prices considerably. I'll never be back.

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I've got the service manual. I just have less time than money. But that is a really nice lift table. The problem I have with my garage is it's not much bigger than the lift, and its filled with stroage racks for all the wifes crap she won't throw out.

What did that lift set you back?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Just another thought here, try the local independant guys. I go to Voodoo on Dixie. Had my 15,000 done there. Brought in my oil, plus fog lights and tail light conversion kit that I wanted put on. They quoted me 3 hours labor. Got charged for 2. 150 smackers out the door, No BS charges. Great guys! Just don't bring your bike in hot and expect them to work on it, they hate that crap. 8)

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
Highlander said:
dpearly said:

Harley sets the prices for commodoties, and they stay the same dealer to dealer, sans their sales. Thats not the issue. But now they have lost that part of my business also.
i know that every MFG of bike merchandise and whatnots has the "suggested price"

got a few things at San Juan Cap HD in CA and saw the exact same shirts at FTL HD 3 months later for 5-10 more. i guess since Rossmeyer can't jack up the prices on merchandise, he will do it on service.

i remember Rick Case being very high on service when i first got the bike and charging for those "up charge" items. i pitched a fit, and voila, the bill went down to a normal amount.

mike, i can't believe you didn't have a cow and dispute the charges or know about it ahead of time.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Highlander said:
What did that lift set you back?
Surprisingly the lift tables are not that expensive. I paid 695.00 for the lift and the sissor jack underneath. Its a drop tail model. You can pull two pins and about three feet of the table come off enabling you to drop your rear tire.

With three bikes in the garage, somethings always needing worked on. I don't think I could afford to take it to the dealer even if I wanted to.

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Trust me D, I'll be having my hissey fit later this week. I'm doing a spread sheet on exactly how much I figure they owe me. I doubt that any of it will be returned, but there will be no doubt of my level of pissed.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Does the word "service" in South Florida surprise you? It should, it is almost non-existent.

Since the beginning of time...

It has ALWAYS been about,

"WHO YOU KNOW". :beer3:

Remember: A wise man knows everything. A shrewd man knows EVERYBODY.

Find Class acts to have relationships with:

Daddy O's
Jay Hillen and Riva Motorsports
Scott the GM at FtL HD
Marco at El Mariachi Restaurant in Coral Springs

and life gets simpler and less expensive.

Highlander... see you in 2 weeks.

Tony

G

·
well...i've heard stories both ways level of work compared to pricing...i do know this...peterson's would not install the off the market/non HD forward control for the sportster...sunrise installed the 'full-sac' exhaust mod for 1.5hr labor $s no problems with loose screws either...

when i went in for the 20k 'suggested' maintenance i asked how much and they told $500+ mostly labor cost (like 5hrs) because of pulling apart things to check stuff (like the front suspension) I said no thanks just change the fluids...all that other stuff really need be done?...the suspension feels just fine and i can check/adjust the clutch myself thank you...

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
kbobb said:
well...i've heard stories both ways level of work compared to pricing...i do know this...peterson's would not install the off the market/non HD forward control for the sportster...sunrise installed the 'full-sac' exhaust mod for 1.5hr labor $s no problems with loose screws either...

when i went in for the 20k 'suggested' maintenance i asked how much and they told $500+ mostly labor cost (like 5hrs) because of pulling apart things to check stuff (like the front suspension) I said no thanks just change the fluids...all that other stuff really need be done?...the suspension feels just fine and i can check/adjust the clutch myself thank you...
I talked to Dave at Petersons, and to double check I talked to Bobby at Bobby B's Boss Harley's in Pompano, they both said and Dave showed me the Harley Flat Rate manual, 2.5 hours for the for the 20K service. Seems to me Bruce is padding the crap out of his wallet at our expense. If I want after market stuff added that I will add myself. I'm only interested in maintaining my warranty at this point.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Tried Sunrise for my 40K after six years of good experiences at Peterson South. I know Sunrise didn’t lube the cables, who knows what else they didn’t do. The good one was when they asked for $1,000.00 for three sets of pads and rotors. If you’re going to recommend something I don’t need, make it something I can’t see.

You’ll be getting a call from a Bend Oregon call center. Your report will not only go to the dealer, but it’s a CSI thing, so it goes to Harley and also hits Sunrise in the pocket.

I went to Peterson North for a small leak sunrise tried twice to fix, Peterson got it the first time and under $100.00

Just my 2cents, oops, HD (Hundreds of Dollars)

Bruce

1 - 20 of 42 Posts