Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
mutazu.com anybody using the ga. hard bags from this site?if so, hard to install? and how do you like them? thanks for your responce. am looking to get these if i get a positive responce. also, are they good quality? great price, thanx mark

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
mousetrap351 said:
mutazu.com anybody using the ga. hard bags from this site?if so, hard to install? and how do you like them? thanks for your responce. am looking to get these if i get a positive responce. also, are they good quality? great price, thanx mark
I considered them before buying the NC Cruiseliner bags. My opinion is that they are too small for the "X". Proportionately, I don't think they would look right on the "X". Browser their pic gallery. They show some of the bags installed on a couple different bikes, a V-star and a Boulevard. Look at the gaps and open spaces front and back of the bags on these bikes. When you consider the size of these bikes, and I believe them to me smaller than the "X", you may better realize the proportions.

I think the Cruisliner bags better fill out the back of the "X". Check out the difference is sizes between the Cruiseliners and the GA bags. Cruisliners are probably at least a 1/3 bigger.

Here's a purty good pic of the Cruisliners...

I did buy their Tour box and am really happy with it so far!

·
Registered
44 Posts
So that's the Mutazu tour box? That is exactly the look I want on my X.

Is that the backrest that comes with it from Mutazu? Did you have to do any custom work on it? What kind of luggage rack is it mounted to? Is there a lot of room in there? Is the luggage rack on yours available through Mutazu? Any problems with them as a company to deal with?

I just sent my seats out to Bad X this past Monday. The bags are my next mod. Any help, insight or advise would be great.

Thanks. Sorry for all the questions, but like I said, this is exactly the look I've been looking for.

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
magoudz said:
So that's the Mutazu tour box? That is exactly the look I want on my X.

Is that the backrest that comes with it from Mutazu? Did you have to do any custom work on it? What kind of luggage rack is it mounted to? Is there a lot of room in there? Is the luggage rack on yours available through Mutazu? Any problems with them as a company to deal with?

I just sent my seats out to Bad X this past Monday. The bags are my next mod. Any help, insight or advise would be great.

Thanks. Sorry for all the questions, but like I said, this is exactly the look I've been looking for.
Yes that is their tour box. I like it real well so far.

When I ordered the box, Mutazu was out of their chrome top rack.
The one I have is actually a Show Chrome rack for a GL1500.
It is actually too large. I held it back as far as I could and got it to fit. However, it looked like the rack had enough clearance for the rider. My sweetie is really tall and thin. It would hit her in the back and was uncomfortable. So I put on a piece of 1/2" foam pipe insulation. For now I have it wrapped neatly with black elec. tape. My daughter is going to sew one up for me out of black vinyl with velcro attachments.

I have it bolted to the luggage rack from BESTEM or http://www.cruiserbackrest.com. The hardware they give for attaching it is intended to be used side-to-side. I ran it front-to-back. The spacing was not right for the luggage rack.

The backrest cushion come with it and it isn't top shelf stuff or real leather but it is adequate.

They shipped within a day or 2 as I recall VIA FEDEX.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.