Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What brand of garage door openers are available that wire concealed on our cycles and is there a particular 1 thats the best?
MoeX

·
Old Goat
26,260 Posts
alot of the guys/gals like to do the highbeam mod or use a tripmeter reset button hooked to one. I got a mini genie remote and velcroed it behind my petcock under the tank. I was too lazy to do any mods :wink: Good luck
Some info below

Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:37 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I took My genie remote soldered a wire across the button to perminately switch on then Removed the battery, soldered two wires to the battery terminals and wired them to the ground and highbeam inside the headlight housing. Hit the highbeam switch, door opens hit it again door closes.
No extra switches, nothing shows.
Make sure your remote used a 12v battery

http://www.zx6r.com/250/garagedoor/index.html

·
Registered
995 Posts
I use the "small control in pocket" mod. Hahaha

Just slip it in my jacket or vest pocket. When I am pulling up to the driveway I press the button....viola...pull in....done.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I use one of those moto-edge controls on my X. Mounted it to the frame behind the left side panel and ran the button up from there. Works good, and it's concealed well enough.

My only complaint with the product is you can only use one. Two of them don't work together. I bought two (one for each bike) and I can only program one to my opener at a time. If I program the 2nd one, the first loses the code :?

So I have one bike with an opener, and the other without. Annoying.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I did the Trip Reset mod. Just buy a replacement trip reset button from Hal and decide where to put it (I put mine on the dash). Run 2 wires down to a small remote for your garage then solder onto the button's connectors. Works great and cost around $15.

·
Registered
446 Posts
I've got the Moto-Edge also. Works great. I've got my button straped to the frame just above the left side cover between the cover and the seat. It's easy to just reach down and pop the door as I'm pulling into the driveway. Here's the web site. http://www.mcgdo.com/

·
3,915 Posts
I beep my horn...

my son, daughter, wife ignore me...

I get off and plug the code into the wireless key pad.

and the door opens like magic or something...

This system Works every time! :lol:

·
Registered
9,510 Posts
From a previous post. Most of my wounds have healed!

I just toot the Stebel twice and the wife runs out and opens the door.

If I toot three times she runs out and opens the door with a cold beer in her hand.

Four times gets me all of the above and she brings her cleaning supplies for the bike along.

What a great guy she married!

P.S. If I disappear for a few weeks it is probably because the wife read this and I am in traction somewhere!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Genie remote wired into the high beam circuit. Never have to take hands off the bars.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
I bought a couple of key fob remotes from www.keylessride.com for $46 programmed and delivered to my door. I put a little piece of the hook side of some Velcro industrial tape on the back of it and put a piece of the hook side on my bikes and another piece right by the door to the garage.

I have to take if from the house to get into the garage so I always have it to put on the bike I'm riding and I have to take it off the bike to close the OH door behind me when I put the bike away. It wouldn't work for everyone, but it works great for me

·
Registered
8,223 Posts

... same little kissy bag ...

cell phone pouch ...

just drop my right hand and push the button ...

opinions vary ...

all blessings ...

crew

:crew:

·
Registered
357 Posts
+1 on wiring the mini Genie to the highbeam. I tucked the mini remote up under the tank and held it in place with a cable tie; it's invisible and it's fun to blink your high beam and see the door go up. Plus, never need to replace a battery if it's wired to the high beam.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Remote

Thanks "X" Riders for the info :D :D :D
GOTTA LOVE THIS BOARD, soooooo helpfull with every question in every situation and its quick as Chop Chop 8) :D :D :D
MoeX

·
Old Goat
26,260 Posts
Unless they have changed the way moto edge is made it will not work with a rolling code opener, I would have known this had I read the disclaimer on the web site :lol: But it is a cool little gizmo. Good luck in your choice.

·
Registered
757 Posts
If you have a Sears Craftsman, Chamberlain, Lift Master, Link, Garage Master, or Master Mechanic, they are all the same. As well as a few other names.
970LM will work with any of the above made between mid 95' to 2005 and will have a RED SQUARE learn or program button with gray antenna wire hanging down.
Newer than that will have a PURPLE SQUARE learn or program button, and purple antenna wire hanging down. They will use a 370LM.
Both are rolling code, red is 390MHZ and purple in 315MHZ.
Older units will have a green square or round learn button which is 390MHZ but not rolling code.
You can get the 970LM in black, yellow, camo, AMERICAN FLAG(970US) or with the Canadian flag or the Mexican flag.
I actually don't know if the yellow's are still available.
go to http://www.liftmaster.com

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Garage door remote

I ended up getting the moto edge(a 2fr was advertised) :D said it would work on a Linear, let all know soon enough. Get Hal to send me some "more" parts and do the speedo hsng thingy. Sounds like a winner to me 8)
Thanks again all.
MoeX

1 - 19 of 19 Posts