Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I just got the 550 for xmas and I hate the RAM mounting systems that comes with it. One person in a string used the right words Fugly. For those of you that might not know the 2002 X has the speedo mounted on the bars. This makes it so the bars are not available in this area for mounting. I would like to mount the new 550 even and just above the speedo maybe on a bracket that would utilize the 2 pinch bolts for the Speedo mounting bracket. Does anyone know of such a mounting bracket or one that is used for another accessory that I could modify?

Thank you and have a safe new years celebration

·
Old Goat
26,218 Posts

·
Registered
732 Posts
mounting bracket

I'm not sure who makes the bracket, but I've seen it posted here. It's a bracket that is used to mount a tool pouch in front of the rizers, you may be able to modify it to mount your garmin.
Let us see what you come up with and let us know what you think of the features and performance of your new GPS. I think that's the model I'm interested in.

·
Registered
9,430 Posts
You might take another look at the Ram Mount web site, they make a bunch of different motorcycle mount systems, inclluding ones that use existing brackets/bolts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks to all, I have seen what you have suggested but am very picky,, I will look a little longer and if I do not find what I need and don’t settle then I will design the bracket and share with the group.
Thanks for all your help

·
Registered
42 Posts
Better Mounting options for Zumo 550

I am with you on the mounts. I just had my new Zumo installed and the Honda tech didnt like the Garmin or Ram mounts.
I had a Kuryakyn Universal Metric handlebar mount on the bike already.
he used that and felt it was less obvious, better looking and more sturdy.
see pics attached. Hope this helps.
David

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts