Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all Jersians. I'm visiting family here from DC. Will need to fill up before I get back on the road on Monday. One question- because jersey has that BS you-can't-fill-your-own-tank law, do I seriously need to let some gas station employee fill up my tank for me? Do I just get off the bike and let him at it, dripping gas all over the place?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ha - paying it forward for retards. Love it! Anyway, NJ and OR are the only two states that force full service on drivers. Seems to date from laws on the books since the 40s/50s because apparently their govt's thought their citizens were too incompetent to handle gas pumping on their own.

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
No gas attendant will ever fill a motorcycle tank... most will take the nozzle and pour out any gas left in it then hand it to you.
Most nozzles have that donkey condom over the nozzle that needs to be held back for fuel to flow... so no gas attendant will ever fill your bike.

Yeah it's great for us in Jersey & I'm sure OR too who's retards love this service when it's 10 degrees, blowing snow and we're sitting in our vehicles jamming on the radio while the gas attendant is filling the tank... plus this is a great service for high school kids looking to make money or any other retard who needs a job pumping gas to make ends meet.
I pumped gas all through high school and college... it was a great way to make extra money, picking up chicks and see just about any car/bike manufactured... 'up close' and like most pompus jackwads... if they had a sharp car or bike they would let you check it out as they pushed out their chest while pointing out all the cool stuff on their vehicle... it was always fun asking to check the oil or wash the windows with those type of folks... got kinda comical

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
ha!

i don't even let them fill my work truck (and it's not mine so why do i care?....lol). got gas on the bike NJ 2 weeks ago. guy came over, asked me what i wanted, selected it for me, dumped out any loose gas in nozzle, and handed it over. i filled up, put it back, and on i went

·
Registered
9,836 Posts
No gas attendant will ever fill a motorcycle tank... most will take the nozzle and pour out any gas left in it then hand it to you.
That's cool - I was kidding for the most part - as Highschool kids - our gang always worked at Gas Stations,
but we were also the mechanics. It's how I got my first new Scoot, 71 - 750 Honda.

Your right, we got to play with the coolest stuff of the day.
We had the latest oscilloscope to analyze any engine - so with the lake out back,
the big guns showed up with power boats - that was wild servicing on the fly.

When that machine showed up - I would stay all night to learn every edge of it - hooked up to my car - then deliberately disable it 50 different ways to see what the screen showed.

Heck yea - 27 below - darn right I'll stay in the car.

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
That's cool - I was kidding for the most part - as Highschool kids - our gang always worked at Gas Stations,
but we were also the mechanics. It's how I got my first new Scoot, 71 - 750 Honda.

Your right, we got to play with the coolest stuff of the day.
We had the latest oscilloscope to analyze any engine - so with the lake out back,
the big guns showed up with power boats - that was wild servicing on the fly.

When that machine showed up - I would stay all night to learn every edge of it - hooked up to my car - then deliberately disable it 50 different ways to see what the screen showed.

Heck yea - 27 below - darn right I'll stay in the car.
Yes sir... back in the day... no FI... just muscle, holly six packs, hookers and the sweetest exhaust note made in America :thumbup:

·
Registered
5 Posts
bodawg

Wow, now that's really paying it forward for retards.
First I ever heard of this - who the hell else has this nonsense - what part of Gov decides this?
I am very new to this site, just joined in fact. I was wondering if this type of vocabulary is used often on this site?
It's quite offensive and you seem to have a couple guys following your lead. Maybe you could ease up on the the word retard, you think?
Even better remove it from your vocabulary all together may be the best idea.

thanks, bodawg

·
Registered
150 Posts
Hello all Jersians. I'm visiting family here from DC. Will need to fill up before I get back on the road on Monday. One question- because jersey has that BS you-can't-fill-your-own-tank law, do I seriously need to let some gas station employee fill up my tank for me? Do I just get off the bike and let him at it, dripping gas all over the place?
as was stated in previous posts, fuel jockeys will just hand you the noozle and you pump it. The NJ Turnpike and I believe the Garden State Parkway(both of which go north/south) let you pump your own fuel and often have the highest prices in the state. The idea of pumping your own fuel was supposed to drop the price of gas throughout the country because you wouldn't need fuel jockeys. Seems like that just didn't work out, Jersey has some of the cheapest prices in the country.:shock:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts