Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much gas do you have left when the gas light first comes on? How far can you go? This is for a 1800c. :?

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
each rider has thier own style of riding, average is about 1 to 1.5 gals on the light, your wrist will determine how far ya go. only way to find out is run it till the light comes on and stop and fill up, then do the math :lol:

·
Registered
119 Posts
I've only had my bike for about a month and have figured out that the light comes on after burning 3 gal. of fuel. I beleive I still have two gal. left after the light comes on. That really suck but I'm learning to live with it. Does anyone know if there is a way to adjust it so it can light around 1 gal left in the tank?

·
Super Moderator
63,774 Posts
The C has a 4.2 gallon tank. The low fuel light comes on somewhere between .7-1gallon left. Depending on your mileage you will get at least 20 miles to as many as 40 miles before stalling. RoadCapt is right, the only way you will know for sure is to run dry once. Also remomber that a fuel injected bike does not run out of gas gracefully like a carbed bike by giving you notice by hesitating/coughing/sputtering. Once there is is not enough fuel to pump through the injectors, the bike stalls. 8)

·
Registered
20 Posts
gas

i have always had at least 100 miles (driving good) :roll: before my light came on and when the light is on i stop asap. i put usually three gallons of gas and hit the road. so i would guess i have about 1.2 gallons of fuel left at the light.

what kind of milage are you guys gettin out of curiousity?

·
Registered
464 Posts
1300's dont have the gas light's do they?

·
Super Moderator
63,774 Posts
No 1300 do not have fuel injection, your low light is the sputtering before you switch to the reserve. 1800s don't have a petcock to turn to a reserve.
Mileage varies with your driving habbits. anywhere from 30-45 miles per gallon. 8)

·
Registered
675 Posts
The C has a 4.49 gal. tank according to the Honda manual (not 4.2 gal.). The manual says that there should be .79 gals. left when the light comes on. Thats not usually the case. If you fill up as soon as possible when the light comes on, see how many gals. it takes to fill, then you can do the math to see how much is left in YOUR tank. The senders tend to differ. Mine was coming on with 2 gals. left. I took it back to the dealer and they replaced it (the whole fuel pump and fuel sender) under warranty. I only filled the tank three times since the replacement and every time it took about 3.7 gallons, so the new sender seems to be pretty close to what the manual says now. Also fill it with the bike upright, not on the kickstand, you will get close to a 1/2 gal. more. Hope this helps!

·
Super Moderator
63,774 Posts
Sorry, I mis-typed. That is usually the case, yours and a few others came on far too early and needed to be fixed. They aren't all that way. 8)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts