Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We had a new gas station/convenience store open here yesterday. Murphy Oil is an Arkansas based company. Anyway last night gas dropped from 1.45 to a 1.29 gallon as they decided to stir things up.:grin:

·
Registered
515 Posts
It should be lower than that soon, oil dropped to $37 a bbl today. I don't much care for Murphy's gas, it's what they sell at the walmarts around here and nothing I own runs right on it.

·
Mad Hatter
21,344 Posts
1.29 :yikes::yikes: WOW! We are still around 1.60 ish...

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
1.59 Here in Jacksonville Fl. and just accross the state line in Ga. it is
1.55 and I was in Ridgeland Sc. to day ago and it was 1.33

·
Registered
831 Posts
I got gas today in Pennsville NJ 1.42 .It was as low as 1.39 here last week .

·
Registered
389 Posts
Just filled up my Ford F-150 for $30.80 in Ferriday, La. Gas was at $1.49. The more it drops them more I like it. Filled the X up last week for $5.00

·
Old Goat
26,217 Posts
$1.41

·
Registered
4,956 Posts
I got gas today in Pennsville NJ 1.42 .It was as low as 1.39 here last week .
That was before the Saudi announcement to drop daily production by 2.5M barrels. It popped back up afer that by several cents a gallon. Now, though, gas hit elss than $34B, which emans gas prcies are headed back down. And even more so in the near future as people are driving even elss worldwide.

Greg

·
Registered
9,766 Posts
Filled up last night for $1.30. I didn't think I would ever fill my pickup again for under $35!!

·
Registered
952 Posts
I use the Walmart gas in everything, it all comes in a unmarked tanker around here. Never a problem

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
You guy's have it made, we are at $1.81. it was down to $1.79 last week?

Still nice to fill the tank for under ten bucks:smile:

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
I never checked in the car or the truck, but on the bike that corn combo gas they sell at Wallmart gets about 15 miles less on a tank than 86 octane plain unleaded. When I need gas I'll take what I can get, but that corn gas won't get ya as far down the road.

·
Registered
473 Posts
$1.45 here in my part of Texas!!!

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
$1.50ish yesterday and $1.39 afterwork tonite at the 2 stations i use and $1.44 at the one i usually dont. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
496 Posts
opec is cutting down on oil production , so I don't think it is going much lower.

·
Registered
195 Posts
$1.45 here, $1.39 on the other side of town. Sure beats the over $4.00 prices of the summer. Haven't used the Murphy USA very often, only a couple of times, as other stations around them mirror their prices and I've never seen a Murphy's anywhere except in front of a Sam's or Wal-Mart. Usually, it is easier to get into and out of the other stations than the Murphy's, at least around here. Some have no direct street access. You must enter the Sam's/Wal-Mart parking lots first, then turn into Murphy from there.

·
Registered
824 Posts
$1.48 a gallon here in the Pacific Northwest. We are always close to being the highest in the nation. It only cost me $30 to fill-up my commuter car yesterday. Me like!! :D

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
I frickin' LOVE it! The tank of my car was bone dry yesterday when I pulled into our nearest gas station and even at 1.69 a gallon, it only cost me an even 20 bucks to fill it to the brim! The last time I filled my X, it cost me close to $13! Here's to it continuing to drop! I love the decision I made to downsize to a smaller vehicle more and more each week!

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
$2.79 per gallon in Soldotna. Don't know why it hasn't come down more?
We normally run about $.20 above the national average. Saw on TV where they were going to investigate the local refinery to see why the price was so high. They probably contracted ahead for $100+ per barrel and can't drop the price until the contract is up? The utility company hasn't dropped prices on natural gas any, they usually buy contracts for a year ahead? sb

1 - 20 of 30 Posts