Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got back from a 2500 mi trip. Bike ran great until I got stuck in traffic. It stalled and would not stay running. I pulled air cleaner cover and gas was running out of carb. Let it sit for an hr. it started and ran good the last 150 mi. home. Any input on what happened. The bike is a 2003 1300R with K&N filter and 210 jet. Could the carb need rebuilding it has 27,000 mi.
Thanks for any help

Jack

·
Registered
3,907 Posts
probably some trash in the carb that got flushed out with the gas temporarily had the floats stuck

·
Registered
376 Posts
Pick up some seafoam at your auto parts dealer. It should be with the gas treament stuff.
Put a few ounces in your tank and it will clean your carb so you won't have that problem again.
I just put some in my other bike, that doesnt get used that often, and it runs like new now. Great stuff.

·
Registered
15,774 Posts
Stuck float. May want to smell your oil....if it smells really gassy, change it.

·
Registered
768 Posts
there is also a drain port on the bottom of the float bowl drain it once in a while to get out any water/dirt from storage or bad gas

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
AZ VTX said:
I just got back from a 2500 mi trip. Bike ran great until I got stuck in traffic. It stalled and would not stay running. I pulled air cleaner cover and gas was running out of carb. Let it sit for an hr. it started and ran good the last 150 mi. home. Any input on what happened. The bike is a 2003 1300R with K&N filter and 210 jet. Could the carb need rebuilding it has 27,000 mi.
Thanks for any help

Jack
Possibly a worn needle valve or crud keeping it from seating or possible stuck float. May or may not need rebuilding but I'd take it apart and clean it out good. 8)

Biddy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts