Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to start by saying I love the overall look of my Retro. That being said everytime I look at the profile the bottom of the gas tank seam stands out like a sore thumb. I have seen the chrome trim that dresses this up but also heard it will rust after time. Is there any other way to dress this area up or hide it or will I have to look at replacing the tank eventually?

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
Take off tank & take to a good body shop and have the tank seam filled & tank repainted. This is about the only choice. I have noticed the seam "sticks out" on some colors worse than others........ :D Rod

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
I have a black bike. what seams?
:shock:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Go to the honda web site and pick colors then silver and you will see what I mean.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I've got an 04 silver C and did add the chrome trim. With the silver, it looks real good. When I get off my butt to take osme phots, I'll post. I;ve heard about the rust issue -- I've got 18 months of riding all year on mine -- rain all winter -- and no rust yet -- maybe I'm lucky or what? For the cost of the stuff at your local auto parts dealer, just put it on and see what you think! I won't get mine filled until I can afford the custom paint.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts