Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, So I bought the Honda-Bond Semi-Drying Liquid Gasket for my MTC Clutch install, I'm DONE, easily thanks to BARE's Writeup! :thumbup:

Now, the stupid part, How long do I need to let the gasket dry? I'm guessing at least an hour, but how long before it it safe to put the oil in?

I did search, I found plenty of references to gaskets, but none relating to drying time.

Thanks yet again All!

Cracked Open::yikes:

Left: New MTC CLutch Spring......Right, Stock Honda Spring

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Don't know but that info should be on the tube of sealant.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
I never drained the oil. I put the front and rear wheels on 2x4 pieces and left the kick stand down so the bike would lean farther to the left. I put the Hondabond on, put the cover and everything back on, cleaned up my mess and went for a ride. Been okay for over a year now. Enjoy your new clutch.

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
Over night should be fine.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Just put the gasket sealer on the mating surfaces and put it together. No waiting time. It is fairly thick. When the surfaces mate and are bolted together, the excess runs out and the surfaces are completely coated. The oil will not wash it away before it cures. It actually cures up like rubber.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I never drained the oil. I put the front and rear wheels on 2x4 pieces and left the kick stand down so the bike would lean farther to the left. I put the Hondabond on, put the cover and everything back on, cleaned up my mess and went for a ride. Been okay for over a year now. Enjoy your new clutch.
:agree: I did the same and haven't had a bit of trouble with it. You're gonna love the MTC clutch though! Enjoy!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts