Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let's let this one build up some momentum.

We'll plan for Gat Guns at 6pm on Tuesday 1/13. I'll contact GAT and let them know we're coming . . . .

After that we can go to Bandito Barney's - or anyplace else nearby that anyone has a hankering for.

But I need a HEAD COUNT!

If you're pretty sure you can make it, post here. If you're bringing a guest, mention that as well.

Who's coming????

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
When you check in for the range at GAT, they don't check for a FOID card if you have your own gun and ammo; they will ask you for it if you buy ammo from them or rent a gun to use on the range. Of course, under Illinois state law, you have to have a valid FOID card to possess a firearm and must have the card with you if you're transporting the firearm in your vehicle.

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Is having a valid FOID card a requirement to participate in this event? If so, then I will only be able to watch. :cry:
You don't need a FOID to shoot somebody else's gun! Just come with us. Most guys bring several guns - I will probably bring 3 or 4 - including some new toys I'd like to "show-and shoot"!

You can also bring rifles that shoot handgun ammo. I just got a Marlin model 1894 lever action that eats .44 magnum that I might bring....

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Where is Gat Guns located?

·
Registered
387 Posts
yep

Long drive form the south side but I might just have to make this one as it is one thing I love almost as much as bikes

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
I'll be there, Stage.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Hey tuff guys, how you doin', I'm in for that day!! I'll be bringing 3 handguns, also have a 22 rifle that they'll let me plink with. BigDaddy if you want in you can use one of mine, I'll bring spare ammo, you just gotta pay your range fee........Look forward to it..........PEACE!!!

·
Registered
387 Posts
foid

http://www.isp.state.il.us/foid/
here's the link to apply for a foid card takes 4 - 6 weeks send a money order or cashier's cjheck and it will take a week off as they wait for your check to clear the bank
Plan to make it and will bring a few toys to work with 40, 45, and probably a couple 22's

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Hurricane...as Stagecombat notes above, you can still shoot without a FOID card if someone bringing multiple guns lets you use theirs. You have to rent earmuffs and eye protection if you don't have them, as well as put a deposit down (I think it's only $2) on a target holder...then, there's the range fee itself. So you see, it's just a matter of covering those costs and you can participate in this. I have only one gun, so I can't help you out on that score, but it sounds like more than a few of the guys who are coming are bringing more than one.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
I've done that, the target was getting boring and then WHAM, no more target hanging there, best $2 I spent! You can make your own with a short piece of PVC pipe 1/2 inch diameter and a big clip.

·
Super Moderator
64,210 Posts
I think everyone that's gone shooting has taken that stick out. My shot went through the metal clip. Left a hole, but the clip still worked so they gave me my deposit back. That was way back at Peppers in Glendale Hts. Anyone remember that place?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts