Honda VTX Forum banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
44. Been riding for 18 months on small bikes. VTX on a jack under covers in the garage, waiting for me to get off my restricted licence in July

·
Registered
34 Posts
54 - Here soon to be double nickels. Got my first mini bike in 1970 , first street bike in 1977 and been riding ever since. And hoping for many more. Got lucky and found a wife that loves to be on the back seat everytime we can.:D

·
Registered
79 Posts
65. Got the 1st Honda in Tallahassee, Fla. in 1964, a 150cc. Didn't even have a Honda shop in the city. At the time, it seemed to be really cool! Went to a 250 Scrambler, then a 305 Superhawk. Now, that was a fast bike!! Been thru Harleys, Yamahas, Suzukis, a Kawasaki, and now in love with my '07 1300S! I do feel old, but I'm hanging in.......:doorag:

·
Registered
205 Posts
I'm 63, started riding when I was 14 years old, stopped for 25 years but got back in the saddle in 2005 and have logged over 100,000 miles since. I plan on riding
untill I can't hold one up anymore then trike it and ride some more!
Toby

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi Guys just joined this forum and thought I would introduce myself. I'm 51 and originally from NSW but after retiring from the Army after 32 years now live in Adelaide. I have been riding for about 20 years. My first cruiser was the VTX 750 shadow and upgraded to the VTx 1300s in 2006. And love the bike so much I have set it up to pull a trailer. Hope to meet up with fellow VTX riders in SA.

Polly62
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
378 Posts
been told by my loving grandson that I'm older than dirt,maybe because I told him I used to babysit Moses. Been riding for a lot of years, why I remember one time on my first bike I almost wiped out trying to dodge a large clump of dinosuar ***** !!!...lol

Ride safe VTX Brothers !!!
BarefootCowboy

·
Registered
348 Posts
just turned 49 a week ago. bought the X brand new in 2003. I am embarrassed to say that I have only 14,000kms on it. :oops:

·
Registered
129 Posts
I've been riding for 48 years.

Some of those down on the farm before I had a license!

A lot of the bikes in the beginning were smaller 90cc, 125cc, 150cc and low power output....but it was fun!

·
Registered
173 Posts
I'm 46 and I just got back in the saddle last year after 19yrs. My first bike was a Honda Rebel 250 and my latest is a VTX1300T. I'm lovin it too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

·
Registered
78 Posts

My first bike TAZ zip start 12yrs old Got my car licence @ 20yrs old no i wasnt on the taz all that time lol a montessa 250 h got me my L`s yamaha 250 xs got me my p`S honda 7504 kf lol yes imported from the states k model with bolderdor motor i cant ever remember the prefix for it but im shore it was kf first of the twin overhead cams at the time i also had a rm 250c twin shock that was sold for a rm 465 full foater sold both of them then got a fully worked yz 465h and a RG 250 W cool little bike sold both then i finnaly got a rego`d bike for the bush and road @ 41yrs old tt250 i put upsidedown yz front folks on that awsome never did get to mod the rear for a 600 tt rear shock mr bike thief left me holding that rear end anyhow i think i walked into a show room one day in 2003 seen a vtx sitting there and said im getting one of them went 4 long years :roll: :twisted: :roll: before i said im sick of cars at 45 one thing i`ve learnt over the years you can always ride a big bike softer but you cant flogg a small bike harder :mrgreen: so i brought a vtx1800c cruiser stock i look back and if its a stock cruiser then 95% of them are behind me mad is the man riding hard crazzy is the fella hagging on the back idiot is the bloke out in front and dumb f#cks trying to keep up:yikes:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hi Lofty, if you ever would like to join us for a ride in Adelaide check out southerncruisersadelaide.webs.com You will be always welcome mate, cheers Nic

·
Registered
93 Posts
45 yrs old and riding since 1980.
Rode a GS750 and CB450A (auto) from Indianapolis and Vegas in 2012. Had a ball.
1200 purchase in Muncie and Indianapolis (2 x bikes)and sold for 500 ea in Vegas. So worth it. Anywhere you can buy beer in a Chemist has to be good.

·
Registered
378 Posts

Had a bike in 84 for a couple of years.

another in 88 that i let go when kids came along about 10 years and 50k miles later.

just got this vtx end of last summer and can't wait to start using rubber

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
G'day, here's one for you, how old

Well, it's been just over a year since i posted the above, i hope every one are well and still riding, in which i reckon most of us are, So here we go; We have 7 steel plate arses riders in their 60's, and 15 hard arse riders in their 50's, and we have 6 shovel bums in their 40's ,and we have 4 pyjama pants in their 30's and we have 2 nappy's in their 20's, Most of us have riden several bikes in our life time, and im surprised that we have a quite a few riders in their 60's inwhich is brilliant, as i said last year i had placed the above on request from another person on another association, how ever , all information has gone, so as i said i don't know where this will take us, can someone further this or build on this information, knees to the breeze, Greg, [spidrfire].

·
Registered
348 Posts
gday spiderfire, guess that makes me a hard arse rider next month

21 - 40 of 42 Posts