Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aloha
Just drove 212 miles on Sat and my butt is sore. I have a standard seat on the 2002 C and do not have the $400+ for a new more comfortable Mustang seat. Has anyone tried the gel seats that strap on top of the standard seat. They cost around $100 and I could afford this. Thanks for all your help.
Mahalo
Kapaa

·
Old Goat
26,260 Posts
Before you spend that $100.00 on an ugly a$$ seat pad check out the badx seat mod at http://www.meancitycycles.com or do a search and check out the millions of reviews (well maybe not a million), :lol: good luck

·
Registered
700 Posts
agreed, strap on gel seats are ugly, if you have to stay within a budget do the badx mod, I hear he can do wonders with the stock seat.

·
Registered
9,510 Posts
I went the same route. Bought a gel pad, too hot in the summer and too cold in the spring and fall. It did help but my rear end felt like it was on fire after the bike sat in the sun for a short period. Then I went to sheep cover. Worked pretty well but sat me up higher and was very uncomfortable in the rain.

Badx seat mod last fall and ecstatic about the feel. He has great customer service and great communications. Just tell him what you want and he will fix it the way you want it. The link is in the bottom of this post.

·
Registered
948 Posts
jell pad

my jell pad is under the my stock seat cover and i am now lower to the ground and i can ride all day,guy in revere mass does good work

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
I've hears nothing but good stuff about bad x's seat redo'o. i think he's around the 50-75$ range. Some were buying a second stock seat so there would be no down time for riding. I also under stand he may have a seat exchange thing going on. It would be worth the time to look into.

you'll hear more from the other guys I'm sure.

Ride safe 8)

·
Registered
5,899 Posts
I have a gel seat I bought on this board, looks like it is a modified stock seat. IMO, it's an improvement over the stock seat.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.