Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

Registered
Nah prefer my Shirley

Old Goat
I was thinking no helmets...but with 1200 HP and nitrous..what would it matter...........>:)...I wish them well....:thumbup:

Registered
Its ok i will stick with my VTX 1300 i have owned a lot of bikes in my 68 years this bike i love just got back from a long ride along the Delaware River in New York i live on it been riding for years along it still love it

Registered
Too much weight, engine size, HP for a motorcycle to be practical. Only 8 miles per gallon. Motorcycle engines are designed for motorcycles. V8 engines are designed for cars and trucks.

Registered
what about a 1000cc V8?

Registered
Looks like a variation on a "BOSS HOSS", made about 45 minutes south of me in Somerset, Pa., near the local airport. ANY engine / tranny combo you want on that beefy custom frame. I've seen them with Cummins diesels on them, besides the big block gasoline V8's

Registered
I admire the pioneer spirit of guys like this in their wanting to go where no one has gone before, lol. I try not to be too judgmental as I don't know what I'd do if I had unlimited financial means as this guys most certainly does. To each his own, he didn't seek the guy out posting this thread.

Registered
bdm, i'm with you. I am pushing 79 years old, have had many bikes, well i started riding when i was 18, but can honestly say i have enjoyed my vtx 1300 more than any other. with 50 thousand miles, its never needed more than oil and filters, brake pads, one battery and lots of tires. Keep on riding, bdm. Bry

Registered
8 miles to the gallon 60miles to tank - 8 gal tank, the one thing that thing isn't passing is a gas station....

1 - 20 of 24 Posts