Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ironmk is on a trip out west from Ohio. He hooked up with one of the Cafe Moderators, Sparky, for a good part of the ride. They were at the bottom of Pike's Peak when a fire emergency vehicle crossed in front of them. Mike and his Goldwing stopped, but Sparky didn't stop in time and rear-ended Mike. Mike & Tracy are OK, the bike trailer hitch absorbed most of the hit with minor damage, still able to tow his popup. Sparky had to be towed from the scene, extent of bike damages not fully known, and Sparky received a broken arm and shoulder lacerations and same to his knee. Luckily, it could have been a lot worse. Keep him in prayer, and maybe send him an encouraging word via PM on the Cafe. Thanks.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I donk know Sparky except for the forum but I wish him a speedy recovery, i also feel bad for Mike and Tracy as they had to witness a friend getting hurt, sometimes the emotional scars take longer to heal than the physical. I will be thinking of them all and wishing them the best.

·
Premium Member
3,079 Posts
I just talked to Jim/Sparky, he is in good spirits and feels at least a little blessed that the arm he broke is not his dominant arm: he's a lefty. And I am sure anyone who ever messed up a dominant hand or arm knows that some things that we have taken for granted our whole life become awfully difficult.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Get well soon "squirrel" aka Sparky aka Jim :love:

Reactions: rangers4u
1 - 7 of 7 Posts