Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,155 Posts
Thats one side of old age. Then there's the other- a dear old friend died last nt. from lung cancer. We went to dinner a couple months ago with he and his wife whom I used to work with, and he seemed perfectly fine. Some subsequent medical tests about 6 weeks ago showed the cancer. BOOM. He's gone. Early 60's. R.I.P. GOD bless his widow and 2 grown sons.

·
Registered
9,673 Posts
Thats one side of old age. Then there's the other- a dear old friend died last nt. from lung cancer. We went to dinner a couple months ago with he and his wife whom I used to work with, and he seemed perfectly fine. Some subsequent medical tests about 6 weeks ago showed the cancer. BOOM. He's gone. Early 60's. R.I.P. GOD bless his widow and 2 grown sons.

Sorry, for the loss of a Friend...

a few years ago... Bill and Bob, both died quickly once they were discovered with Lung Cancer...

same with Charlie D.

Reactions: Harkon and RBS

·
Premium Member
6,756 Posts
Sorry for your loss brother.

Reactions: rangers4u

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
It's not all bad. I'm going on 77 yo and just gave up and unretired myself to go back to work as a machinist. I wanted to see if I could handle the mental and physical strain of running big lathes and milling machines plus the mental part of knowing how to do it. The boss and leadman said after 6 months that they wish they had more older guys like me. I'm running on overdrive all the time there and put out lots of work. I also doubled my monthly take home income to help pay off some debts. Getting out of the house and doing the work is good for my mind and body. I feel great, even bought two motorcycles.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts