Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so im buying a 2005 vtx1300s and it runs and what not but will be my project bike for 2020... i haven't had one like this but the previous owner did not take care of it and it is extremely dirty. im not worried about the painted surfaces because im getting it repainted anyway but what could i use to clean and polish the chrome metal and plastic pieces?

·
Registered
9,764 Posts
chrome is history. rust and pitting is proof the chrome has been penetrated..
no going back.. just re-chrome

aluminum is sanded smooth and re-polished.. many how-to's on this forum

plastic can be painted.

been restoring motorcycles over 40 years...

·
Registered
234 Posts
nochin87,
I would carefully look at all the wiring, fuses, connections for all bulbs. Most likely you will find some must be replaced.

·
Registered
11,945 Posts
Welcome to the VTXOA.
A project. Did it sit outdoors, or just dirt? S = Spokes. My last spokes were in the 70's.
I have no idea what they do now to clean them. Enjoy! Another few months and it will be riding time!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome to the VTXOA.
A project. Did it sit outdoors, or just dirt? S = Spokes. My last spokes were in the 70's.
I have no idea what they do now to clean them. Enjoy! Another few months and it will be riding time!
it looks like it sat outside... havnt found any issues with it so far but lots of cleaning and polishing to do. plan on modding it into a bagger.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts