Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I decided to splurge and get the Baron air kit, going for the flame design on mine. After reading endlessly on the best air kit to get, it was this one people mentioned.

I was wondering if there is anything I should know prior to installing this, or just read the instructions and it should be clear sailing? First time doing this.

Also, the kit comes with a plate to block the pair valve I believe. Should I install this, and also regarding the jet kit. It comes with a stage 1 and 3, should I pop in the stage 3 jet (pipes are hollowed out as well)?

What kind of performance increases could I see from my current setup, like horsepower with this air kit on my bike?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
JamesA said:
Well I decided to splurge and get the Baron air kit, going for the flame design on mine. After reading endlessly on the best air kit to get, it was this one people mentioned.

I was wondering if there is anything I should know prior to installing this, or just read the instructions and it should be clear sailing? First time doing this.

Also, the kit comes with a plate to block the pair valve I believe. Should I install this, and also regarding the jet kit. It comes with a stage 1 and 3, should I pop in the stage 3 jet (pipes are hollowed out as well)?

What kind of performance increases could I see from my current setup, like horsepower with this air kit on my bike?

Thanks!
Just a tease until you get yours installed.

The bottom nut thats on back of the main mounting plate for the BAK can be rather hard to get started.

·
Registered
334 Posts
It's pretty striaght forward. I would do the pair valve removal while installing the BAK, you'll have the tank removed to rejet anyway. Depending on what your running for exhaust, you may need to change the jets. Personally speaking I didn't like the DJ kit that came with the BAK and ordered the Factory Pro kit to do the rejet. There are a couple threads with the different configurations folks are running and the jetting set-ups. Oh, another pirce of advice, don't kink or twist the hoses.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sledman said:
It's pretty striaght forward. I would do the pair valve removal while installing the BAK, you'll have the tank removed to rejet anyway. Depending on what your running for exhaust, you may need to change the jets. Personally speaking I didn't like the DJ kit that came with the BAK and ordered the Factory Pro kit to do the rejet. There are a couple threads with the different configurations folks are running and the jetting set-ups. Oh, another pirce of advice, don't kink or twist the hoses.
My pipes are stock but they are gutted, so I assume that a rejet will be required which I am more then happy to do :D.

I am gonna stick with the DJ kit it comes with since i really don't have the money to spend on another jet kit. So I will have to persevere and get it working. Heck, you never know. I may get lucky hehe.

·
Registered
12,125 Posts
I had no problem installing the DJ Stage 3 kit, and it was my very first time working on the carb (of any vehicle). Others have had issues with rejetting. Each bike is different and will react differently when getting into the carb.

I changed my exhaust at the same time, so my numbers may be higher than what you'll get. But you'll be pleasantly surprised once you open up the airflow...trust me!

·
Registered
334 Posts
The origional reason for using the FP kit in my case was the need to change to a larger slow jet, which doesn't come with the DJ kit. Then comparitively speaking it seemed I had an easier time getting it dialed in after switching over to all FP parts, needle and both jets, I did use the DJ spring. Just food for thought, but with the heavy breather (BAK), you may or may not need the larger low jet, I'm running V&H in conjunction with my BAK.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
I'm far from a wrench and I while I've bolted on tons of accessories I knew going in this would be way over my head so I had a shop do it. I DID notice immediately the smooth Ferrari-like consistent power band it provided in all gears, and the slight but not imperceptible increase in power or torque. That's what I would equate it too, I finely tuned racing engine feel as opposed to the OEM air. And the looks sold it for me! Total win-win situation.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts