Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

I'm thinking about ordering the A/F adjuster from Glens Garage and wanted to know, 1) Feedback on the product 2) Don't remember if I have the stock A/F screw because I've jetted the carb. didn't know if the standard jet kit would have a different screw.

If you guys can answer the question and give feedback, it would save me a lot of time. Thanks

·
Registered
513 Posts
I have the non-permanent tool. Works great. I used the "adjust while running" method and have not needed to readjust .... but it's only been two months. Whichever tool you choose .... Glen makes good stuff. Just got my clutch relief in the mail today. Looks great and I'll put it on tomorrow.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks a lot for the advise guys. I went ahead and ordered the tool. The perm. mount worried me a little. I was concerened that it would be to easy for vibrations, other idiots, or myself to screw with too much and mess it all up. :)

·
Registered
528 Posts
You'll be happy with the tool, pretty easy to make adjustments on the fly. I was riding around and pulling over to make adjustments 8)

And yes that CPR makes riding around town much more enjoyable. His claim of 50% reduction in tension is conservative imo. I cant believe how much smoother and easier it is to engage the clutch!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Glen's VTX Garage A/F Screw

Hey Guys,

I'm thinking about ordering the A/F adjuster from Glens Garage and wanted to know, 1) Feedback on the product 2) Don't remember if I have the stock A/F screw because I've jetted the carb. didn't know if the standard jet kit would have a different screw.

If you guys can answer the question and give feedback, it would save me a lot of time. Thanks
Hey Scrappy, RayB21 here. Glen's A/F adjuster screw you are talking about is a great product. I ordered one and it came with a brass tool to remove the old A/f screw. This tool works great and made removing the old screw a piece of cake. I used a flexible extension with the brass tool attached and had the old screw out in no time. Assembled the new A/F screw, washer and rubber o-ring, and screwed it in until just seated then backed it out 2 and 1/2 turns. Bike started right up. I highly recommend this to all you VTX owners. Thanks Glen for another great product...Ray..RayB21.

·
Registered
995 Posts
I don't think any of the jet kits replace the a/f screw.

And yes, good choice, Glens a/f tool works freakin awesome!!

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
+1. Made adjusting a breeze instead of the royal PIA that it was before.
best $30 you'll spend. Glen's a good honest guy on top of it.
Paul

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You guys have me really excited about getting this product. Glen, if you are reading this STEP IT UP!! :) I can't wait to get my X just perfect. It's always such a pain to take everything apart, adjust it, let it warm up to test it, then let it cool back down before adjusting it again, and repeat it all over again. Thanks again for all the advice.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wow, that was fast. Got the tool, but now am having a problem. I am unable to access the screw because of the angle and because there is a hose coming rom the air box that is too close to the screw to give me access. What am I doing wrong?

·
Registered
513 Posts
It's a tight fit but keep at it. It gets in there. On second thought, I did the PAIR mod before I adjusted the A/F.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have the "glens garage" adjustment tool. not the perm. mount but the individual tool

·
Registered
259 Posts
I also bought the tool, but had problems adjusting, so I got one of the first permanent A/F adjusting screw and am totally pleased with it , very easy to install and can fine tune anywhere, no problems with it adjusting from vibration. Unless someone knows what to look for they will not adjust without your knowledge. I recommend this to anyone over the tool. Breat product Glen!!

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Wow, that was fast. Got the tool, but now am having a problem. I am unable to access the screw because of the angle and because there is a hose coming rom the air box that is too close to the screw to give me access. What am I doing wrong?
Thats why i buy the perm. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Glen's A/F perm mount tool

I just installed mine along with Glen's clutch extention. Two great products! I can't image attempting to adjust the A/F any other way that with a permanent mounted tool. Even if you bought the tool needed to adjust the screw, how in the ---- would you get to the screw.. No thanks, Glen's pemanent flex shaft tool is the way to go.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts