Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I received a little package in the mail today and all I can say is WOW! I think it actually took longer to take it out of the package than it did to install on the bike. I took some shots of what's included and how it looks installed.

Did I mention it looks AWESOME!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Installed Photo's

Here's some pictures of it installed: I can't wait for my first fill-up when I don't have to find a place to put that darn cap!

Attachments

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
More Photo's

Here's a few more shots - I by no means have MrVTX's flair for posting pictures and information about an install or mod, but maybe one day...

Again - couldn't be happier with the purchase!

Thank You.

If all your products are this easy to install - maybe I should dig out that CPR that's been sitting in the garage for over a year now...and get that install tool shipped back to you!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
Looks real nice.. If I didn't already have the X hinge I'd be gettin me one of them. Also, can I have the quarter?:mrgreen:

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
does it use 2 sided tape?
i believe you have an option of tape or screws - gotta get one now looks good and been waiting a long time - thanks rev 7
The package includes both the 2 sided tape (with alcohol wipes) and screws for a more permanent option. I talked with Glen on the phone earlier today and they installed upwards of ten of these bad boys at the Indiana Tech Session this past weekend and most preferred using the tape.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
My assumption is...

That you use the OEM gas cap with this contraption???:dontknow: Being that no one else mentioned it, as far as I can recall...:mrgreen:

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Looks real nice.. If I didn't already have the X hinge I'd be gettin me one of them. Also, can I have the quarter?:mrgreen:
If you want to cover postage and handling send me your address and I'll ship it out tomorrow...I'll use one of those USPS flat rate envelopes or boxes...:joke:

Great job man :thumbup:

What's next?
Oh god - where to begin...I have Glens CPR (1yr + on shelf), custom made mount by a member here for my Kury Skull breather (3months + on shelf), custom made HD horn mount (1 month on shelf), HID light from Nada (6+ months on shelf), F bars & risers (6+ months on shelf), hard bags pending order, Pony is painting my PP/radiator to match right now, waiting on a member to purchase my HD fairing so I can go a different route....Ahhhh so many things I have collected and not enough time to install let alone ride!

BTW did you get any new mods done to your ride after that stunning seat you had done?

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Looks good....and btw, that yellow on your scoot looks very very nice
Thanks man - I fell in love with this bike when it was rolled out the door at the dealership and the light hit that Hot Rod Pearl Yellow!

That you use the OEM gas cap with this contraption???:dontknow: Being that no one else mentioned it, as far as I can recall...:mrgreen:

Correct - just remove OEM gas cap and place inside the circle and tighten the set screw that is included...then just clean up the surfaces with the included alcohol pads, trim and attach the tape, and you are ready to rock and roll!

·
Old Goat
25,594 Posts
:congrats: I have one of the originals held on with the supplied tape, 5 years and a little spilled gas and the tape is still holding..knowing Glen Im sure he use the good stuff....

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
If you want to cover postage and handling send me your address and I'll ship it out tomorrow...I'll use one of those USPS flat rate envelopes or boxes...:joke:

Oh god - where to begin...I have Glens CPR (1yr + on shelf), custom made mount by a member here for my Kury Skull breather (3months + on shelf), custom made HD horn mount (1 month on shelf), HID light from Nada (6+ months on shelf), F bars & risers (6+ months on shelf), hard bags pending order, Pony is painting my PP/radiator to match right now, waiting on a member to purchase my HD fairing so I can go a different route....Ahhhh so many things I have collected and not enough time to install let alone ride!

BTW did you get any new mods done to your ride after that stunning seat you had done?
Same guy that did my seat made me matching grip wraps. Next is the Kermit mod and some flush turns on the fender. Oh, and I still got all my blue LED's from my old bike I'm throwing under the new one (tribute to "Bruiser").

Ship all your stuff to your hotel at MMR11. We'll get ya fixed up Pep :thumbup:

·
Registered
119 Posts
Sweet.... Mine is waiting in the mailbox for me when I get home. Can't wait to install it now :mrgreen:

·
Registered
45 Posts
:congrats: very nice, I want one soon!

·
Registered
6,252 Posts
I had the privilege of having Glen with his fine son install mine at the Bassdude's tech session. "Thanks Glen".
Glen said the two sided tape should last a very long time - It's on solid.
It really looks and works nice.
Donut/Doug

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Same guy that did my seat made me matching grip wraps. Next is the Kermit mod and some flush turns on the fender. Oh, and I still got all my blue LED's from my old bike I'm throwing under the new one (tribute to "Bruiser").

Ship all your stuff to your hotel at MMR11. We'll get ya fixed up Pep :thumbup:

That's a hell of an offer Mike - SWEET! Hit me up with those dates again - I need to book a hotel, it slipped my mine. That HLD mission has been kicking my arse. We have a huge multi-agency event coming up and then things (GOD WILLING) should settle back down.

Can't wait to meet up with everyone and I'll definitely be mailing some parts to the hotel! Which one are you staying at? Feel free to pm/email any of this info if you don't want to share it here...

And again GLEN the hinge rocks!

1 - 20 of 57 Posts