Honda VTX Forum banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I always look at the road cameras, There is one on the Hwy. right in front of his house;.
Im still waiting to see the moon in the camera

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Looks like your getting more snow over on that side of the hill.
Its just been wet and cold here lately. I need to get in the shop and do some work on the 1800 rear brakes but hard to get motivated when its cold in there. Maybe I should hook up my wood stove :grin2:
Or, just bring it in the house.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Close to a foot of new snow in the last 2 days. I have been going out on the snowmobile groomer cat and lots of snow just up country. The old tractor is getting lots of work. Jim

·
Registered
441 Posts
We have had some nice sunny warm days. Light rain today. Looks we are going back to winter. Lots of snow up country and close to a foot on the lawn. Wayne how are you getting through winter. Jim

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I been working 8 to 10 hrs. a day. Doing paper work most nights sometimes till 8. At the coast now working on the house, cleaning and getting it ready to maybe rent to the hospt. Not sure yet. Donna has to have a hip replacement in about 3 weeks, trying to make some extra $ to pay for it. Insurance is a joke, O Dumbass care, if you know what I mean.
She is hopeing she will be able to ride again, that is one reason she hasnt ridden much in the last year or so. All this time she thought it was her back bothering her.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Look like you snow is melting. Almost time to ride. :grin2:
I wanted to get out on Thursday , it was 72 but I had appointments made and I could cancel them.
D goes in for her hip replacement on Wed. and Im takeing 3 days off, and going to slow down, getting some help from Eugene to measure some jobs, maybe I will have some warm weather and I can get out for a hour or so.
She just hopes that she is going to be able to ride after the hip replacement. She is going to be off work for about 2 months, and going to have a helper after that, she will be on light duty and only work a few days a week. She wont be able to drive for 4 weeks, so I got to take her to PT for the first month.

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
Hope D heals fast
Getting her up and moving right away is best.

Time to start looking for a trike for her.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Not sure she would like that, maybe. It the sitting on the bike that hurts the hips, so it would be the same on a trike

·
Registered
441 Posts
Spring

It's looking like early spring. In Bend last week and it was 66. Lots of HD's out riding.
Wayne tell your wife to talk to the PT before the surgery. Doctors don't know what to do after surgery and before PT starts. Wish here luck. Jim

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Every thing went good, they was going to send her home tonight, but the numbness is still in her feet from the spinal block, so they are going to keep here untill tomorrow. PT was in there and they had her stand, they was going to have her walk, but to much numbness.
I tried to talk them in to keeping her for a week, that didnt work.>:)

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Doing as well as expected. Getting around good. Have PT tomorrow and Doc. appt. on Wed.
She still cant drive yet, so, guess who has been doing the shopping and the cooking and playing nurse. And trying to clean.
I need to get back to full time work so I can rest up. I am measureing jobs, but Im only gone 4 hours a day maybe 5.
I just rented the house in Reedsport, it may only be for 6 months, not sure yet. A lady moved up from AZ. and her husband is going to come up in 5 or 6 months. She is a older woman, a nurse practitioner a the clinic in Reedsport. Its all profit so I decided to do it.
I do have the rear brakes torn off the 1800, putting on a caliper , pressure control valve, and a thingy bopper down by the pedal, :grin2: valve. I for get what you call it . In my spare time, right. just waiteing on some 12mm crush washers to put it all back together. Going to be in tomorrow. You remember how hard you had to push on the rear pedal? Hoping this will fix it.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Going out for a ride today, maybe go the back roads to Eugene.
I need a day off, so Im takeing it.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Fremont Ohio snow storm last night. Hope it warms up so I can turn my furnace off.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts