Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
That sounds a little large, but if it fits, it will look nuts.
As far as install, I remember having to tilt the tire up into the fender, but I have an R. Your mileage may vary.

Reactions: Blast

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
I would stick with a 205 or narrower. I actually went with a 195. I have a 1300 R.

I went with a Bridgstone Driveguard which is a runflat. The stiff sidewall made for a much better experience than the General tire initially tried (I gave up on that tire after 500 miles).

·
Registered
111 Posts
As previously stated take it easy there will be a learning curve with that wide CT especially on uneven surfaces. Went darkside twelve years ago and don't regret it. Ride safe

·
Registered
2006 1800S VTX
1,266 Posts
I believe that is the size tire I put on my 1800F. I had to cut off the helmet lock to fit the tire. Otherwise no problems mounting it.

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
So the 215 doesn't rub, great to know (considering dark side later).
But what about 2-up? With extra weight and extra sag, would the different profile and increased width rub then?

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
With all that contact, you will be loading up the cross-shaft pretty good doing burnouts.

Reactions: Lou_VTX

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
I've been running a CT for years (205/60/16) and have not had any rubbing issues with a date on the pillion. Course I like petite women so who knows if you had a real side of beef on there. Bwa-ha-ha!

Reactions: rangers4u

·
Registered
12,094 Posts
05 1800, 215/45-18 ....any install tips?...seems huge, but the internet says it fits, so I have that going for me.....
General Altimax RT43 205-65-16 radial on my 1800 C. 40 psi, Progressive 444 shocks. Ride-On gel internal balancer/ sealer, 2- 8 oz. bottles. 90* steel valve stem. Once the tire was mounted and aired up, I deflated it to get it up under the fender, then re-aired it. With the wheel off, excellent time to get rid of road debris, pitting, scuff, by sanding and or polishing.

·
Registered
9,331 Posts
All right! A dark side thread! Now we just need an oil thread!

nothing like fighting about nothing to bring us together.

Reactions: rangers4u
1 - 20 of 31 Posts