Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all.
This coming friday I am headed back to Gods country. (yes God is a fisherman). After a weekend of offshore fishing, gonna hookup and meet with twin 1300. Anyway i am headed out on what should be a 2500 mile road trip. What should I check on the bike before i go, It has about 10,000 miles and has fresh oil and recent valve job new rear tire (last dunnie for me going to the darkside with the next one) Just wanted to check with some of the Iron Butts here for any advice before I put my 11 yr old son on the back and take off.
Thanks in advance.
Smokey

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Make sure your cell phone is charged and that you have your charger to keep it fresh in case of emergency.

I'd also have a detailed route plan in the hands of family or friends and check in every day to confirm your location and plans in the event it's needed.

·
Registered
297 Posts
OR, to really have fun, leave your cell phone off (or at home). Like in the "old days" before cell phones, where when you went on a road trip, you were on your own, just enjoying "the ride." If you broke down, you were also on your own, unless some other biker stopped to help you, without even thinking of getting anything in return. Just because bikers helped each other... :wink:
Have a great trip.
8) 8) 8)

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
New rear tire... how about that front tire?? I change them both at the same time.. especially with 10k on them.

Have fun.

·
Sith Lord
4,919 Posts
PM me if you're passing thru Eastern Arkansas. Buy ya lunch or something.

Spare fuses, just in case. And a good credit card. :wink:

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
Bring flashlight...just to add something to the list.

I gave you my number....so call me and we can work out what's what. I you like racing my son and I will be kart racing this Saturday if he likes that sort of thing.

Looking forward to seeing you................twin

ps....Bring one more thing...your appetite... :wink: :wink: The food is just as good as you remember it.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Muntz

Yep I am headed your way. I have your phone # ,Thanks Twin, and want to set up a ride with you and twin if we can swing it. Looking forward to some good food too.

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
The daylight ride for every one getting together because of work is going to be hard...we will see what we can do.... Maybe the run where we take the ferry across the Miss. river we can maybe make. Let's play it by ear.

But I know where some char-broiled oysters are that can be jacked up with bacon, cheese, and jalapeno's that you guys are gonna love.

.................twin

·
Registered
978 Posts
Hey Twin, smokey and are definitly gonna ride. Hes staying about 3 miles from my work. I'm getting more excited about meeting another VTXOA'er. This board is great.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Twin, Why ya wanna go and screw up oysters with all that funny stuff. Just bust em open and have at em. Maybe.......maybe a squeeze of lemon juice. I know it's the wrong time of year to "safely" eat em raw........ but what the he!! i ride a bike i think i can push the oyster rules a little........just once.

Muntz, Is "On The Half Shell" on airline still open? wasted many a Monday afternoon.... evening...... night..... in there.

Ya'll will find I am game for about anything you can throw my way.

Smokey

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Monica

Thanks.

My 11 year old is really looking forward to this roadtrip with me. Young Man has no idea what 800 miles in a day will do to his butt. Good thing about it Mom is coming down the next day so he will have the option of riding back with her. Come to think of it so will I. lOl Hate to treat my X like a harley and haul it in the back of a truck though. Naaahhh Not gonna happen.

Scar
New front goes on tomorrow. The last 2000 miles were hard on it. Good call.

Bonedog

No cell phones for me. Tired of never having any peace, always accessable to everyone. NO THANKS

Wassup

The bride will have the route. Good thing about this trip. I will have backup coming through the same route the next day.

Toasted

See you friday at noon. Don't have to be barbeque...... I don't know your schedule so if we need to be quick we can. Or different time. Let me know where and we will be there.

Ride safe ya'll

·
Registered
125 Posts
How about some sun screen, water, helmets and to make sure that he stays awake on such a long trip. kids can fall asleep any place and time. Just some thoughts. Ride safe and your son and you will have a great story to tell when you guys get home.

·
Sith Lord
4,919 Posts
Noon or later is fine, no rush. I'm off that day and all weekend.

We can wing lunch when you get here. :D

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
I would rather them raw....but not sure every one likes 'em that way. These jacked up ones are awesome and a treat if you have never had them or don't like 'em raw.

Let's do raw....I could go for a couple of dozen..........you really need to eat them pasterized so we don't get sick.

Looking forward to what you guys want to do......I'm in. You and Muntz just let me know.

................twin

ps....sorry Muntz for not being able to ride today......just had made promises to the wife and yard work to get ready for being out of town for a couple of days. With all this rain the you can hear the grass growing.

·
Registered
978 Posts
NP Twin, I did the lawn & went for a short ride. One of these days I gotta hang that sheetrock. I love the grilled oysters.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts