Honda VTX Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
You can save some taxes if you can get them to lower the sale price and the trade in value the same amount.........

·
Registered
644 Posts
You can save some taxes if you can get them to lower the sale price and the trade in value the same amount.........

Good suggestion. Not in all states will do this though. California for example, you have to pay full sales tax on the new vehicle's negotiated price reguardless of trade or down payment. But thats not the norm.

·
Super Moderator
63,565 Posts
The Ultra Road Glide has everything on it plus the larger 103 inch engine in it. So, it has a lot more to it than just the bike. :thumbup:

The Road Glide rides great too. Because the fairing is on the frame, the steering is lighter and more nimble.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
We all get the fever BD. Just ask yourself."What does that HD or that Vic do that this 1800 can't?"
My wife made that very point last night. I suppose it's the MC equivalent of the "new car smell". But even with the relatively short test drive I took, I really liked the cruise control. And I never did play around with the sound/comm system ...

BTW, that pic of the Vic in front of the buses looks good. If they still looked like that I'd consider them - - the new Vics have a sci-fi look to them (imo). Plus, our small town doesn't have a Vic dealership.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
banddirector-that Vic in front of the school bus is the brand new Cross Country. I believe you're thinking about the Vision (George Jetson's recliner) which is a futuristic looking highway bike. The cross country now has the option of a trunk that is removeable as well, cruise control, stereo six speed transmission. Worth the look, and in the same $ range as well.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
banddirector-that Vic in front of the school bus is the brand new Cross Country. I believe you're thinking about the Vision (George Jetson's recliner) which is a futuristic looking highway bike. The cross country now has the option of a trunk that is removeable as well, cruise control, stereo six speed transmission. Worth the look, and in the same $ range as well.
Yeah, you're right - - my bad. If only someone in my town would sell them!

BTW - - did the Vics recently have a problem with clutch cables?

·
Mad Hatter
21,303 Posts
Yeah, you're right - - my bad. If only someone in my town would sell them!

BTW - - did the Vics recently have a problem with clutch cables?

Reported issues on some of the OLDER Vics. But no issue with the Newer Cross Country!! I Love My XC, and compared to what U are looking at, U need to give it a serious look.

·
Super Moderator
63,565 Posts
Every clutch cable breaks. No matter who makes them. They are a wearable item like brake pads. Since breaking a lot of mine in my early years of riding I do 2 things with cables. 1, I keep a spare on the bike all the time. 2, I replace my clutch cable every other year as preventative maintenance. I haven't had a cable break on me since

BTW, that Vic in front of teh busses is a 2010 model called the Cross Country. The 2011 have a trunk option now. The bike you are thinking of is called teh Vision

·
Registered
474 Posts
Every clutch cable breaks. No matter who makes them. They are a wearable item like brake pads. Since breaking a lot of mine in my early years of riding I do 2 things with cables. 1, I keep a spare on the bike all the time. 2, I replace my clutch cable every other year as preventative maintenance. I haven't had a cable break on me since

I'd betcha anything you never have a broken clutch cable on your current ride...;)

·
Registered
93 Posts
Is there a Victory forum and Harley Forum where I can go tell everyone how much I love my Honda? :banghead:

21 - 36 of 36 Posts