Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like a lot of riders I know, once the nice weather comes around a tough decision must be made. Do I hit the golf course or do I hit the road for a joy ride?

Does anyone know if there is a golf club carrier that fits a 2005 Honda VTX 1800F? I see that most motorcycle golf club carriers fit Harley bikes. None seem to fit the Honda VTX though. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

My dream day would be to hop on my bike and ride a couple hours to a nice golf course on an early summer morning. Golf a round. Then ride home. Best of both worlds.

·
Registered
819 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Or... here's what I do....

I'm a member at a course 30 minutes from my home. My brother is 30 minutes from the course in the opposite direction. We keep our clubs in a storage shed at the course. It's a small town course and they don't even charge us for club storage. I ride my VTX; he rides his Wing. Nice 30 minute ride on quiet country roads, a round (or two) of golf, and a nice 30 minute ride back home. It's a small town course and they don't even charge us for club storage.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
golf clubs

I think the gogocaddy fits only harleys. At least that is what their website says.

·
Registered
6 Posts
golf bag carrier

I saw one on a HD in an add, it connected to the docking points like a Paladin quick detachable passenger rest. Being inspired, I took a couple of pieces of 1/4 steel bar about 18" long, drilled some holes to match the saddle bag supports on the fender. I have hard bags so they are barely visible behind them. Then I build a 36" long L shaped bag holder at a 45' angle, welded two steel bars to it parallel to the ground, matched the holes coming off the bike, using 2 steels bolts on each side about 6" apart. I used these screws to be able to take the carrier off. It takes about one minute to add or remove. The top of my bag is well below my head and catches little if any air. It is 8" wide so both turn signals and brake lights are visible, making it legal. I'll attach pictures are soon as I figure out how to. It works.

·
Old Goat
26,260 Posts
I dont shoot golf (dont know how to cook em) but me and Mathwiz (AKA Mike) were having lunch the other day and he was lamenting the fact that riding the bike had taken over his golfing days and he wanted to get back into it...I hope he sees this post......:thumbup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.