Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,690 Posts
I did not know Ultimate made a midrider for the 1800. When I bought mine, for my C, the only 2 options were the Lowrider and the Big Boy. According to their charts, @ 5'10", 200+ lbs., I fell right in the middle of the 2 sizes, so a MID would have been my choice if available, but it wasn't. Since I'd already added Rivco 6" risers to bring the bars back and ease arm fatigue, I didn't want to be moved up and back with the Big Boy, so I chose the Lowrider. It feels like I'm sitting more IN the bike rather than ON it. Now, its a close fit for the rear of the tank and 'da boiz', but never uncomfortable. i have the backrest, so am leaning just a bit away from the tank in normal riding position anyway.

·
Old Goat
25,375 Posts
I did not know Ultimate made a midrider for the 1800.
FYI ..not listed on Website...was just there...thinking about switching from BB to low B....for my 1300R

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes Ultimate is making or at least used to make : low-rider , mid-rider and big-boy seats for the X .
I figured that Big-boy is a little better for my 36" inseam than mid-rider which is pretty close to stock .

·
Registered
7,690 Posts
I bought my Lowrider maybe 6-7 years ago? At that time they didn't make a Middie.

Reactions: TennX

·
Old Goat
25,375 Posts
I bought my Lowrider maybe 6-7 years ago? At that time they didn't make a Middie.
Might say on the bottom of that ”mid-rider”....but in 14 years of looking Ive never seen one...but hey I can say the same thing about a Unicorn....

Reactions: rangers4u

·
Old Goat
25,375 Posts
Never seen one , huh ... come take a look , I'll show you .
Nobody doubts what u think it is....but we just dont.....but sure wouldnt be the first time for me....good luck

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Some forum dwellers or I should say trolls claim to be know-it-alls said that they never heard of Ultimate making mid-rider seats for mighty 1800 . Well ill tell you that if you call Ultimate and talk to nice guy on the phone they will make you anything you want , just ask . Different colors , embroidery and seat cushion . Just to prove that I snapped some pics of the stock and mid-rider seats next to each other for a comparison ...sorry for dark pics it was getting late in a day .

·
Registered
21 Posts
Want to trade my 1800 Retro Ultimate mid-rider seats to Big Boy seats .
Good condition , without rips , tears or cracks . Just feel that Big Boy would accommodate my 36 inseam better .
I have a Big Boy seat off my 1800! Just saw your post! You'll see it listed up for sale,let me know if you're interested. Also, if you happen to know, with my measurements (5'6" - 225lbs - 27" Inseam) do you think this mid-rider would still be too large for me?

Best,

Matt

1 - 12 of 12 Posts