Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I’m not going to wait around for you guys to let me know what you want first so I’m just going to give it to you the way I want.

Good news: I got a set of Progressive 412 shocks for my bike.

Bad news: On the left side one of the adjustment tabs broke off.

Bad news: Bought them on eBay so I wasn’t sure if I was just going to be screwed or not.

Good news: eBay seller is standing behind his product and will replace them, not just give me my money back but replace them once I return them.

Bad news: I slip my motorcycle jack under the bike to remove the Progressive shocks and it won’t pump up an more, I bought it (my wife bought it for me) from Harbor Freight about 8 months ago but I’ve only used it maybe 3 times (I mean really, how often to you jack your bike up?). And after 8 months I couldn’t find the receipt.

Good news: Called Harbor Freight figuring they were going to say “tough sh!t” and they said bring it in and we’ll swap it out.

More good news: I took it in no paper work no nothing, they just brought me a new one and even loaded it in my car.

Bad news: When I got the first jack I was just looking at price and didn’t know anything about these jacks only after I got it home were people talking about the hard plastic wheels on these jacks.

Good news: The new one came with metal wheels.

Got my shocks off UPS yesterday, we’ll see how long it takes this eBay seller to get me a new set.

G

·
0 Posts
Life is full of ups and downs. Sounds like you have a pretty good balance going on right now. :lol:

·
Super Moderator
63,855 Posts
cool runnins said:
Ok, I’m not going to wait around for you guys to let me know what you want first so I’m just going to give it to you the way I want.

Good news: I got a set of Progressive 412 shocks for my bike.

Bad news: On the left side one of the adjustment tabs broke off.

Bad news: Bought them on eBay so I wasn’t sure if I was just going to be screwed or not.

Good news: eBay seller is standing behind his product and will replace them, not just give me my money back but replace them once I return them.

Bad news: I slip my motorcycle jack under the bike to remove the Progressive shocks and it won’t pump up an more, I bought it (my wife bought it for me) from Harbor Freight about 8 months ago but I’ve only used it maybe 3 times (I mean really, how often to you jack your bike up?). And after 8 months I couldn’t find the receipt.

Good news: Called Harbor Freight figuring they were going to say “tough sh!t” and they said bring it in and we’ll swap it out.

More good news: I took it in no paper work no nothing, they just brought me a new one and even loaded it in my car.

Bad news: When I got the first jack I was just looking at price and didn’t know anything about these jacks only after I got it home were people talking about the hard plastic wheels on these jacks.

Good news: The new one came with metal wheels.

Got my shocks off UPS yesterday, we’ll see how long it takes this eBay seller to get me a new set.
My brain hurts!!! Make it stop.... :|

:)

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
So, the good news is there's no bad news or vice versa.

My brain hurts!!! Make it stop....
What Spike said................spinning, still spinning.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
So whats the bad new again? You got springs on the way and a new jack with metal wheels. Life is good! ENJOY

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
the bad news is I read your entire post, the good news is, it all worked out for you.
so is the bad news the good news now?
Bruce quit "jacking" us around. :D

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
I don't know if I should congratulate you or offer you my sympathy :shock: And I thought my wiring diagram was complicated

·
Registered
491 Posts
man if I were you, I'd take my wife hunting in the woods and then go play the lottery!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts