Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just when you think the world has reached an all time low you run into someone that is genuinely good. I had to go into work this afternoon around 2 p.m. and I have been parking my car around a half mile from the house because of the deep snow. I had parked the last night in what I thought was a good place that I'd be able to pull out of even with the snow still falling. Well when I got to the car this afternoon there was another 6" on the ground and I knew the car wasn't going to move so I dug out with the shovel I had brought with me. Started her up an nada. Wouldn't move. Kept trying and ended up about 15-20 feet off the road and in much deeper snow. Shee-oottt! I got out of the car and was prepared to start walking home to call my boss who is NOT an understanding man. A big pickup 4 wheeldrive was passing by just as I got out. The guy stopped and got out and says "ya need me to pull you out?" He hooked up his tow rope and had me out in less than a minute. He had his wife with him and they were just driving around the back roads pulling people out. They'd been out on I-5 the night before doing the same thing. Some folks are just good people.:D

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
There are still some good people out there.
Thanks for posting this and reminding us all. We get to caught up in only seeing the jerks, it's good to be reminded that there are still good folk out there too.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
No charge for pulling you out??? Must of been a early Christmas present. Bob

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
:thumbup:

·
Registered
54 Posts
This is all true, just last night my wife was stuck at work in west seattle and Im in Kent. She didnt want to spend the night alone at work so I hopped three busses and worked my way up to west seattle. I was talking to a lady on the last bus and told her what I was doing and she offered us a room for the night. I ended up driving us home but I was floored by the offer. Im not the most normal frienly looking guy in the world afterall.

·
Registered
4,834 Posts
Wow thats great!! Always good to hear these days there are still good people out there.
Yesturday Clint helped pull someone out of the snow as well.

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Wow - that's cool, Dave! You're right, there are definitely still some good-hearted folk out there still. It's always good to be reminded that there are people out there who will serve their fellow-man with no strings attached, merely because there is a need & they have the means & desire to help. :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No charge for pulling you out??? Must of been a early Christmas present. Bob

Nope no charge just a couple good people out trying to help others. I wish now I'd given him some money for his gas tank so he could keep going. I did push a guy out of a snow bank that was stuck about an hour later though so I got to spread the goodwill a little myself too.

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Nope no charge just a couple good people out trying to help others. I wish now I'd given him some money for his gas tank so he could keep going. I did push a guy out of a snow bank that was stuck about an hour later though so I got to spread the goodwill a little myself too.
Good Man......the world would be better off if everyone would pay it forward like that........

1 - 9 of 9 Posts