Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One delay after another I am finally ready for purchase. I am about to buy a Dark Red Metallic 2009 VTX1300T. I have the stealer down to $11,245 out the door (title, tags, taxes etc.). Working on getting Light Bar with visors, Lowers and rear cargo carrier added for and even $12,000 out the door.

What do you all think, is this a good price in todays market? Not sure if I haggled enough. I figured cash talks louder today with the credit market the way it is.

Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
5,065 Posts
One delay after another I am finally ready for purchase. I am about to buy a Dark Red Metallic 2009 VTX1300T. I have the stealer down to $11,245 out the door (title, tags, taxes etc.). Working on getting Light Bar with visors, Lowers and rear cargo carrier added for and even $12,000 out the door.

What do you all think, is this a good price in todays market? Not sure if I haggled enough. I figured cash talks louder today with the credit market the way it is.

Thanks for your input.
I think that's high.

Now, this goes back 3 years but....I paid $8k for my 05 1300R.

Another $500-600 will buy a set of leather bags and windshield like the Tourer has. That is the only difference from the T and the R, aside from the "Tourer" emblem as far as I know.....that means that emblem is worth $3k? :yikes:

I would either find an 08 or push the dealer to give you a deal.....in this economy, at this time of year, they cant be selling many.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Just for reference, I purchased my '06 VTX1300C on April 1st 2008. I paid $7400 and put the first mile on it (brand new). I did not have anything added to it and I did have to pay my own sales taxes. Still, paid less than $7700 for a 'new' bike, tax and all. I think you could do better if you have the patience to shop a little.

·
Registered
622 Posts
I have a feeling hes in Canada or the EU at least I hope so thats pretty high I dont think the MRSP is even that high with some goodies

·
Registered
370 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
first off.not gonna get a good deal on extras from honda dealer,and the price is high. bought my 1300c 07 in 08 brand new/paid 8700.00 out the door ,and thats when gas was peaking,and bike and scooters were high,I'd say you can do way better in this market

·
Retired Seabee, CM1
1,209 Posts
Dealer told me that if your buy the "T", you save $150. If your like that brand of items Honda adds. MSRP on 1300T is $11,300. If they offer "out the door" price of what you said, not to bad on an 09.

·
Registered
877 Posts
paid $9900 for my 2008 1300c last april.it's not what you pay it's if you really want that bike.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Wow... way too high. Look around. :agree:

·
Registered
169 Posts
Buying a "T" takes all the fun out of the mods and whatnot you're going to WANT to do down the road. What if you don't like the bags?? Or the windshield?? Or the pipes?? Hell, Honda charges like, what, $500 just for a windshield!! Cheaper to get a new one for my car.

·
Registered
15,774 Posts
Way high. IMO - forget the T and purchase an R, add the accessories yourself. You'll save a lot of money, though you won't get the tourer fender sticker. :lol:

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Registered
147 Posts
way too high man i got my 07 S for 8300 out the door. and i agree wit everyone here cheaper to get the stuff YOU want.

·
Registered
4,956 Posts

Thanks for your input.
The T has the Hondaline bags, Honda shield and Honda backrest, I believe. Otherwise, it is a VTX1300R. You're also getting the visors, lowers, and cargo carrier... $12K OTD...

I got my new 2007 VTX1300S for $8800 OTD in the Spring of 2008, inc T/T/T and 5-year Honda warranty.

Taking out the 5-year warranty, you are essentially paying $3700 for:

* saddle bags
* windshield
* backrest
* cargo carrier
* lowers
* visors

You have to ask yourself - are those parts worth nearly $4K *or* even if they aren't, is the convenience of having everything done worth it.

Buying aftermarket stuff, you could get all of the above for less than $1200.

Honda stuff will run you about $2100 ($650+$650+$270+$220+~300), leaving $1600 for installation.

MSRP on your bike is $11299 (http://www.motorcycle.com/manufacturer/honda/2009-honda-vtx1300t-review-87587.html)

T/T/T is another $400. The extra stuff is another $500. Installation would be another $175, bring the grand total if you were paying MSRP to: $12374.

They are essentially only giving you a $350 total discount.

Not enouhg, imo.

I'd feel much better if I got OTD with $10,500 for a brand new T with everything you mentioned. And even if you do, I can guarantee you that you won't be able to sell it for more than $7K a year later - and maybe not even that.

P.S. If by visors you meant the Hondaline lightbar, add in $500 more than I mentioned.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I was looking at a new 08T last year. The stealer talked me into a leftover 07R and had installed the exact same Honda options to make it a 08T. Honda saddlebags, honda backrest (he also aded the luggage rack), he did install a memphis shade windshield as they like them better as it is removable with ease. OTD was $9,458

1 - 20 of 27 Posts