Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Upgraded my bags. The company is using my bike for promo images on their website. They were'nt easy to line up, and I had to modify the mount to make them wobble free, but they're on solid, have lots of storage room, and they lock.

A Hoppe Fairing will be my next big purchase for the X.







Their site is http://www.invictamotorsports.com
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,637 Posts
turmoyl said:
Upgraded my bags. The company is using my bike for promo images on their website. They were'nt easy to line up, and I had to modify the mount to make them wobble free, but they're on solid, have lots of storage room, and they lock.

A Hoppe Fairing will be my next big purchase for the X.







Their site is http://www.invictamotorsports.com



OK here we go bro. I like them, how much? were can you get them?, and it looks like you have easy bracket type studds on your strutts? So how did you mount them. I will be doing hard bags after riding season, and so far I had really liked the look and size of the national cycle bags, but I qustion the quality. The ones you have there look really good.
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's a new company called InvictaMotorSports.com, and I work with one of the guys involved. Mine is the first bike with their bags. They approached me, from seeing my bike at work. We made an agreement in exchange for letting them take pictures of my bike. They've taken a bunch of pictures so far and put them on their website. There'll be another picture session coming soon with a more scenic backdrop.

I modified the mount a little. They use the same mounting system as Tsukaya, but they wobbled a little. I drilled another hole, got a longer bolt (1.5 inches longer) with a 1/2 inch spacer, and attached (From the inside of the bag) it to the unused middle bolt on the fender, with the spacer between the bag and the fender (with rubber washers). Now there is zero wobble with the bags.

I just put them on Sunday (July 1st), so I'll update as to how they are holding up.

Also, my wife is 5'2", and I had her sit on the bike so I could position the bags. She fits without her legs touching the bags at all. I did have to switch out the turn signals to the Kury minis.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,637 Posts
turmoyl said:
It's a new company called InvictaMotorSports.com, and I work with one of the guys involved. Mine is the first bike with their bags. They approached me, from seeing my bike at work. We made an agreement in exchange for letting them take pictures of my bike. They've taken a bunch of pictures so far and put them on their website. There'll be another picture session coming soon with a more scenic backdrop.

I modified the mount a little. They use the same mounting system as Tsukaya, but they wobbled a little. I drilled another hole, got a longer bolt (1.5 inches longer) with a 1/2 inch spacer, and attached (From the inside of the bag) it to the unused middle bolt on the fender, with the spacer between the bag and the fender (with rubber washers). Now there is zero wobble with the bags.

I just put them on Sunday (July 1st), so I'll update as to how they are holding up.

Also, my wife is 5'2", and I had her sit on the bike so I could position the bags. She fits without her legs touching the bags at all. I did have to switch out the turn signals to the Kury minis.

I just checked out there site good prices on the bags, its only about 150.00 more then the cruiser bags I was looking at, but they are glass instead of the plastic I was looking at. Oh hey Turmoyl, LOL my wife just read this and got a laugh, your wife is 5'2" so is my wife, so this should work for us, in fact my wife likes the bags, and said she might want them for her bike we are getting in a few months. Now if I get the local dealer here to sell there bags, do you think they might hook me up on a set, LOL
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Reaper said:
turmoyl said:
It's a new company called InvictaMotorSports.com, and I work with one of the guys involved. Mine is the first bike with their bags. They approached me, from seeing my bike at work. We made an agreement in exchange for letting them take pictures of my bike. They've taken a bunch of pictures so far and put them on their website. There'll be another picture session coming soon with a more scenic backdrop.

I modified the mount a little. They use the same mounting system as Tsukaya, but they wobbled a little. I drilled another hole, got a longer bolt (1.5 inches longer) with a 1/2 inch spacer, and attached (From the inside of the bag) it to the unused middle bolt on the fender, with the spacer between the bag and the fender (with rubber washers). Now there is zero wobble with the bags.

I just put them on Sunday (July 1st), so I'll update as to how they are holding up.

Also, my wife is 5'2", and I had her sit on the bike so I could position the bags. She fits without her legs touching the bags at all. I did have to switch out the turn signals to the Kury minis.

I just checked out there site good prices on the bags, its only about 150.00 more then the cruiser bags I was looking at, but they are glass instead of the plastic I was looking at. Oh hey Turmoyl, LOL my wife just read this and got a laugh, your wife is 5'2" so is my wife, so this should work for us, in fact my wife likes the bags, and said she might want them for her bike we are getting in a few months. Now if I get the local dealer here to sell there bags, do you think they might hook me up on a set, LOL
It's worth a try. The "contact us" link is the co-worker who sits a couple rows away from me. His partner is in Georgia. Shoot him an email, and I'll talk to him also. I wish I could get in with these guys somehow :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,637 Posts
turmoyl said:
Reaper said:
turmoyl said:
It's a new company called InvictaMotorSports.com, and I work with one of the guys involved. Mine is the first bike with their bags. They approached me, from seeing my bike at work. We made an agreement in exchange for letting them take pictures of my bike. They've taken a bunch of pictures so far and put them on their website. There'll be another picture session coming soon with a more scenic backdrop.

I modified the mount a little. They use the same mounting system as Tsukaya, but they wobbled a little. I drilled another hole, got a longer bolt (1.5 inches longer) with a 1/2 inch spacer, and attached (From the inside of the bag) it to the unused middle bolt on the fender, with the spacer between the bag and the fender (with rubber washers). Now there is zero wobble with the bags.

I just put them on Sunday (July 1st), so I'll update as to how they are holding up.

Also, my wife is 5'2", and I had her sit on the bike so I could position the bags. She fits without her legs touching the bags at all. I did have to switch out the turn signals to the Kury minis.

I just checked out there site good prices on the bags, its only about 150.00 more then the cruiser bags I was looking at, but they are glass instead of the plastic I was looking at. Oh hey Turmoyl, LOL my wife just read this and got a laugh, your wife is 5'2" so is my wife, so this should work for us, in fact my wife likes the bags, and said she might want them for her bike we are getting in a few months. Now if I get the local dealer here to sell there bags, do you think they might hook me up on a set, LOL
It's worth a try. The "contact us" link is the co-worker who sits a couple rows away from me. His partner is in Georgia. Shoot him an email, and I'll talk to him also. I wish I could get in with these guys somehow :)

LOL, yea me to bro, I would love to get in on working around anything bike related, I am way sick of my job. Your bike looks really good, and them bags are sweet. I am going to try hard to make a very thined out, trim and sleak type mini bagger out of my bike, and still have it look just a tad sporty, and just a tad old school, but yet new and now. LOL we will see. I am not doing anything till winter, I need to ride for a bit.
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top