Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm brand new to the forum. I started the new year off right and bought myself another toy. I picked up on an 06 VTX 1300R day before yesterday, rode it home in the rain and have been watching the rain ever since. I am looking forward to picking up a lot of tips and tricks from you all. I am always looking for ways to personalize my ride, especially to fit my short stature, 5'2". About the only thing I need to change on the bike for comfort's sake, is the risers...any suggestions????? Looking for some to pull back 2-3 inches without too much rise.
thanks
Will

·
Registered
190 Posts
Congrats on the new purchase. Hopefully it will stop raining soon so you can enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
4,956 Posts
I'm brand new to the forum. I started the new year off right and bought myself another toy. I picked up on an 06 VTX 1300R day before yesterday, rode it home in the rain and have been watching the rain ever since. I am looking forward to picking up a lot of tips and tricks from you all. I am always looking for ways to personalize my ride, especially to fit my short stature, 5'2". About the only thing I need to change on the bike for comfort's sake, is the risers...any suggestions????? Looking for some to pull back 2-3 inches without too much rise.
thanks
Will
Congrats on your new bike and welcome aboard. :congrats:

My favorite risers are the aeromachs. They alwys fit well, do the job great, and don't require cable changeouts or repositioning. Unfortunately, they are also out of business, so you have to hunt for ones to fit the 1300R/S.

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
You may be able to find some used C risers in the classifieds. They worked well on my R. I got mine for $40.
Congrats on your new ride. Do you like it?

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
You may be able to find some used C risers in the classifieds. They worked well on my R. I got mine for $40.
+1 on the classifieds. Again Welcome to the site. Good choice in bikes. I love mine. Just dont get to ride it like I would like too. Offshore a lot. But when I am on the beach, It's on.

Peace.
Moon

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
purchased my risers phatt risers11 from scootwrks.com I am short also and these worked exellent check out sight www.scootworks.com
tey are available in polished or chrome I purchased chrome . have nice finish as for any risers you put on you may need to get longer cables though some have put cables behing tree but I just replaced cables with braided ss cables scootworks also carry cables just my opinion good luck and enjoy new ride :congrats:

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks for the tip. I like my new ride...at 5'2", it's a much better fit for me than my other ride, without a lot of modifications. It's been raining so much here, but I did get to ride it home in the rain Friday night (about 60 miles). Very nice handlng. I am looking forward to a long relatioship with my VTX. I will probably put my Yam Royal Star up for sale...the wife don't let me playing with too many toys at one time, she doesn't want me to be spoiled. It's a much different ride than the Royal Star...a very different feel from the V4 back to a VTwin. I'll be on the lookout for some c risers.
thanks

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
:congrats:
on the Bike.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Welcome. You have just joined a board with a wealth of information. The folks are great too:D. The sponsor (DLP) of this board is having an inventory sell starting tomorrow so keep your eyes peeled for some great deals.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Congratulations on the new ride! You're gonna love the VTX!

+1 on the Phatrisers from Scootworks.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Kewl metal risers and a BadX seat mod will put you in the most comfortable postion, I'm 5'4 and it made a world of difference in my comfort. Welcome to the board, alot of great people here..ride safe..:doorag:

·
Registered
9,510 Posts
Welcome aboard. You are gonna love that bike. +1 on risers and the BADX seat mod.

:congrats:

John

·
Registered
679 Posts
Welcome and check in regularly on the Alabama board. There is a small group of us in NE Alabama that ride together every chance we get. There used to be a group that posted a lot from the Montgomery area but Tombstone is the only one I see that posts any more. Enjoy the new ride!!

1 - 20 of 55 Posts