Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my Ultimate Bigboy earlier today. What a seat! It sits me up a little higher and back a little bit which give me more leg room...not too mention that it is very comfortable. I highly recommend it to anyone.

·
Registered
434 Posts
I just got my Big Boy 4-pc in yesterday and I'm excited, too! Did you install the seat yourself? It doesn't appear that difficult but any advice would be great. My wife took her passenger seat out of the box and sat on it and said it didn't feel that comfortable but I told her to wait until it was on the bike. I sure hope it is since the stock seat killed her butt.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I only got the driver's seat so I can't say anything about the installation of the passenger seat, but the driver's seat bolts to the same locations that the stocker did. It only took about three minutes to get it on and most of that time was spent looking for something to pry those stupid little bolt covers off with. I only put about 10 or 15 miles on mine today, but I'm riding to work and school tomorrow so I should get close to 100 miles in tomorrow. Ultimate's web site says that it takes about that long to get used to the feel of the seat, but my initial impression is that it is head and shoulders above the stocker.

Like I said above, I can't comment on the passenger seat, but I do know that it has to be better than the stock passenger seat.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Thanks. The passenger seat has three bolts on it and look pretty easy to get off. The passenger backrest has four and they're easily accessible. So there are bolt covers that have to be pried off? Is that all four bolts on the front seat? I'm going to a rally this weekend, which includes a poker run so I should get the 100 miles in. Just hope the wife agrees. I got the driver's backrest too so I know that's going to help the back out. I wish I would have had it when I drove 9 hours to Daytona. If I could have found the Big Boy in Daytona then I would have bought it there. Oh my back!

·
Registered
40 Posts
I just ordered my Ultimate Big Boy 4-pc today! :p

The main reason I bought it was to improve the passenger ride for my wife...sure hope it meets expectations.

Ultimate didn't have any cores in stock so I shipped them mine upfront.

Hope to have it when I get back from Myrtle Beach after next week.

Can't wait!

G

·
0 Posts
That is strange to hear. No cores in stock?? When I ordered my lowrider for my C, back in January; they charged me a core charge. An extra $250, so I would return my stock seat; so they would have the core too use. I did get that back $250 back.

·
Registered
434 Posts
I'll post some pics as soon as I get the seat installed on my bike. They never asked me for a core and I don't believe they charged me a core charge either. I guess they had extra Retro cores to work with but I'm not sure.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
RBrown said:
So there are bolt covers that have to be pried off? Is that all four bolts on the front seat?
I just called them bolt covers for lack of a better term. They are really plasti-chrome caps that fit into the head of the allen bolts so you don't see the socket. I don't have a picture of what I'm talking about, but they're not that big of a deal to get off. You just need something with a point or an edge like a smaller flat head screwdriver or a small pocket knife and they'll pop right off.

G

·
0 Posts
P.S. I was refering to Mothra. He has a "C" also. It is the "C" they want the pan from.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I put about 70 miles on it earlier today. Its great...I can't believe I went as long as I did with the stock seat where there were seats this comfortable out there just waiting to be bought. It may not be the most stylish, but it rides hella good.

·
Registered
683 Posts
I bought my Big boy with the drivers back rest and passenger seat. Have yet to have the wife on the back but my seat is awesome. Had to get the risers as it did sit me back a bit. Now with the risers I am ready to ride all day. By far best investment yet!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Just got my bigboy seat in this morning too!!

Just got my bigboy seat in this morning. I went home for lunch, put it on, and sat on it for about 30 seconds. Might be able to put a couple miles on it this evening, I Hope.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
I just put my Ultimate Big Boy set on yesterday. :) What an improvement. :shock: I didn't appreciate how bad the stock seat was until I sat on this for the first time. I still have to adjust the rider backrest a bit but love the seat already. :D 8)

As to the install, the passenger seat was just three bolts and the driver seat was just two on my '03 Retro. I didn't encounter any of the shiny allen head covers on mine. Maybe they were already gone? I couldn't see four of the five fasteners until I got down on a knee so I don't think I'll bother with replacing them if they are missing.

·
Registered
687 Posts
7000 miles on mine and counting. I love it. Even the penny pinching wife says it was worth every penny.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts