Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was 60 degrees when I opened my eyes yesterday. I got a great ride in. Went up to High Point, NJ, which is in the very northwestern part of the state. There is a state park at the top of the mountain (New Jerseys highest) and from it you can see the expanse of the Delaware river valley as it cuts through NY, PA, and NJ. It was about a 120 mile round trip, with half on back roads, and the other on the hi-way. I beat the rain home, and spent the remainder of the daylight giving the bike a good bath. I hope to go for a ride New Years Day, then it will be time to put it up on the stand and begin my winter mods.

·
Registered
3,913 Posts
I'm totally depressed.

I put my bike up a week ago when VA weather was cold and now it's in the 50's!!!

Washed it, changed the oil, added Seafoam to a filled tank, put it off the ground, attached a charger, placed it under the covers in my garage and put cat liiter bags (for moisture control) under the cover.

It got so bad I uncovered it yesterday and wiper her down.

Now I'm checking the temp and rain forecast.............

·
Troll Patrol
4,743 Posts
...so glad you had a chance to catch some wind. :mcrider:
After all the snow you received what a way to end 2008. :D
Snow pack melting here...I'm aching for some therapy.
UGH PMS ~M

·
Mad Hatter
21,344 Posts
The 60's, thats perfect riding weather!! I love it!

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Headed out for a short lunch ride myself today. It's around 40 degrees and sunny here in the Chicago area...a little windy (gusts up to 40 MPH) but still a great day to put on the cold weather gear and get out and ride for the first time in a month. Didn't get to go nearly as far as Jimbo there cuz I had to get back to work, but that riding "fix" was just what the doctor ordered.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Always like to say that I drove my bike every month during the winter. Just got in my December ride. Now let's see what January brings us.:D

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Man, I feel for you guys living in those cold weather states. A group of us rode for about 4 hours Friday, in short sleeve t-shirts and jeans. Saw a lots of bikes out and about Saturday too, nice. I figure the temps were in the 70's. Wish it was like that all year long. I'll be thinking about that ride come August when it's 99* and 100% humidity!

·
Registered
496 Posts
High Point State Park

Hey i live on the Delaware River Tri State Area my wife and i love the High Point State Park ride if you ever get time you should ride Rt 97 along the Delaware River really nice ride

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
that is why i really dont put bike up for winter just throw some king size sheets over to keep dust off and hook up battery tender keep fuel filled and when nice out uncover and unhook tender and back it out to go riding pretty much ride throuoght year as long as no snow or ice :twisted:

·
Registered
210 Posts
60's ride.

I love it. I snuck out Christmas day for a 40 mile ride. It was well worth the three hour clean up afterwards. Enjoy the few days we have in the northeast during these months.:agree:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts